Duramax Vs Powerstroke drag race

LLY

Diesel Addict
Apr 24, 2008
Idaho
I just have tierod sleevs an if you watch the 2nd video you can see my tires toe in,I need a center link so i can launch harder :thumb: :happy2:

03-GMC

Let there be light!!
Mar 26, 2009
SLC, Utah
Maybe try some idler and pitman supports i just put mine on the other day and it seems to be able to launch a lot harder and straighter.

LLY

Diesel Addict
Apr 24, 2008
Idaho
Maybe try some idler and pitman supports i just put mine on the other day and it seems to be able to launch a lot harder and straighter.

Ya those an a new center link are coming after I get the banks intercooler tubes

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Alot of people only have tie rods sleeves. Heck I know of a couple bad pulling trucks that only have re bar (maybe steel stock idk) cable clamped to their tie rods and even theirs holds up fine

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Alot of people only have tie rods sleeves. Heck I know of a couple bad pulling trucks that only have re bar (maybe steel stock idk) cable clamped to their tie rods and even theirs holds up fine

Yup:thumb: My wheels toe in with H.D. tie rods and cognito braces:rolleyes: But I have launched the truck hard enough to skip it across the track sideways:eek: and never broke anything at the track or on the street. I did break my OEM tie rods and a CV pulling but that was due to not dropping my bars like a dummy when sled pulling..:banghead: You need to line them up again and let er eat:):D

LLY

Diesel Addict
Apr 24, 2008
Idaho
Also I do not believe you will need the braces with an aftermarket (Strait) center link. Some one correct me if I am wrong??

ya I was going to try the center link first an then the braces if it doesnt fix it

Yup:thumb: My wheels toe in with H.D. tie rods and cognito braces:rolleyes: But I have launched the truck hard enough to skip it across the track sideways:eek: and never broke anything at the track or on the street. I did break my OEM tie rods and a CV pulling but that was due to not dropping my bars like a dummy when sled pulling..:banghead: You need to line them up again and let er eat:):D

we are going to, I have a bigger tune I am going to put in to see if it runs better or if its just my thinking

LLY

Diesel Addict
Apr 24, 2008
Idaho
that race was with a tune from idaho rob that I did a little changes to,an have a few other tunes from just other guys

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Well, your in good hands atleast:thumb: It looks like it will be a pretty good race if you launch hard. Rolling races don't tell the whole story IMO.

LLY

Diesel Addict
Apr 24, 2008
Idaho
its going in to get warranty work tomorrow before the warranty is up so I will go make some more once she is out of the shop