Duramax Street Rod

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Deadly!! Where's the fat burnout vid??:happy2:

:rofl: Honestly haven't done one yet. Converter is a little tight to light the turbos for a burner. Got it painted and finished up swaybar end links. Working on interior and waiting on glass/Lexan to show up. Just been cruising around close to the house. Still haven't plated it/insured although the state inspector gave me a VIN. It's a '51 Sterling-White pickup. :D (Wanted to register it as early as I could). Still working out the trans shifting. It's wired up as a full manual 4l80e so I'm not sure what it's problem is yet. Got enough gear for town cruising so I'll sort it out as I go. Should be driving it to Denver and Woodburn events as of now.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
:rofl: Honestly haven't done one yet. Converter is a little tight to light the turbos for a burner. Got it painted and finished up swaybar end links. Working on interior and waiting on glass/Lexan to show up. Just been cruising around close to the house. Still haven't plated it/insured although the state inspector gave me a VIN. It's a '51 Sterling-White pickup. :D (Wanted to register it as early as I could). Still working out the trans shifting. It's wired up as a full manual 4l80e so I'm not sure what it's problem is yet. Got enough gear for town cruising so I'll sort it out as I go. Should be driving it to Denver and Woodburn events as of now.

More pictures!!!!!!

KevsDmax

Mar 17, 2014
That is one sweet looking ride! makes me feel bad for selling my rolled LLY which I had planed to do a 69 C10 body swap with.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Here's a few pics with the hood off and one with it sitting on. The color isn't quite matte white, depending on light it's kind of a green/gray color. It's not going to win the Riddler award anytime soon but it was a million mile cab before I got it and wanted to keep some of the war wounds the cab already had. I'm happy with it for now. A hammer doesn't have to be pretty to get the job done I suppose. :D

Truck1_zps0f468f6e.jpeg

Truck3_zpsa8a2f545.jpeg

Truck2_zps0287d5b8.jpeg

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Man that is just sexy. Cant wait to see more vids of it. Also I don't see any blankets on the turbos. :poke:

Thanks man. Blankets? I don't need that snake oil. :rofl: Actually I wanted to wait until I sorted out any engine issues and tightened up all the exhaust fasteners before I blanketed everything.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Pre-registered today for Hot Rod Drag Week this September. Been driving it around and working out a few issues but now it's time to start stepping up the distance and power to prepare. Hoping to be in Denver and Woodburn for the NHRDA races too. Anyway, here's how the truck currently sits. Just need to get carpet in it and change front brake lines for shorter ones.

6390181D-B562-4924-9C33-5B5FD88D8E55_zpsliv0npe4.jpg

39BC0D94-4C93-490F-82A5-4CB3CCE0D448_zpstvsv0wba.jpg

6377E999-899E-4DB4-94F7-19D0B19E00E9_zpsqpuj4arp.jpg

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Looking freakin' great. I like the valve covers. If I ever get around to replacing mine I would be interested in a set like those.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the overall result. Those valve covers have been giving people fits trying to figure out what engine it is. Definitely give it an older look.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Pre-registered today for Hot Rod Drag Week this September. Been driving it around and working out a few issues but now it's time to start stepping up the distance and power to prepare. Hoping to be in Denver and Woodburn for the NHRDA races too. Anyway, here's how the truck currently sits. Just need to get carpet in it and change front brake lines for shorter ones.

6390181D-B562-4924-9C33-5B5FD88D8E55_zpsliv0npe4.jpg

39BC0D94-4C93-490F-82A5-4CB3CCE0D448_zpstvsv0wba.jpg

6377E999-899E-4DB4-94F7-19D0B19E00E9_zpsqpuj4arp.jpg
Hows this thing going? You going to make it the the track this weekend? What class are you going to run in drag week?

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Hows this thing going? You going to make it the the track this weekend? What class are you going to run in drag week?

It's been solid so far. No real issues to speak of. Drove it Denver for the NHRDA race but was having tuning/turbo spooling issues so I never got anywhere close to a clean pass. 8500 DA was hell on this setup which I didn't expect. It did go there and back without issue and got 30+MPG which was the bigger victory I guess.

Leaving for Woodburn tomorrow afternoon for the NHRDA race this weekend. I'll make a few hits Friday night to see what gear set is going to work the best then race Saturday. Hopefully get a decent number out of it.

I'm signed up in Unlimited for Drag Week but will more than likely drop to daily driver as the truck only fits the rules for those 2 classes and I'm easily going to be 3 seconds off the Unlimited mark with it set on kill. Just wanting to enjoy the week so I'll probably make passes on the softer side and just try to get into the Top 32 bracket race at the end of the week.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
It's been solid so far. No real issues to speak of. Drove it Denver for the NHRDA race but was having tuning/turbo spooling issues so I never got anywhere close to a clean pass. 8500 DA was hell on this setup which I didn't expect. It did go there and back without issue and got 30+MPG which was the bigger victory I guess.

Leaving for Woodburn tomorrow afternoon for the NHRDA race this weekend. I'll make a few hits Friday night to see what gear set is going to work the best then race Saturday. Hopefully get a decent number out of it.

I'm signed up in Unlimited for Drag Week but will more than likely drop to daily driver as the truck only fits the rules for those 2 classes and I'm easily going to be 3 seconds off the Unlimited mark with it set on kill. Just wanting to enjoy the week so I'll probably make passes on the softer side and just try to get into the Top 32 bracket race at the end of the week.
Are you sparying and running no intercooler?

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Are you sparying and running no intercooler?

Neither for now. Really hate to put the bottle in it unless I have to. Spools/runs fine around town which DA gets upward of 7300ft. Don't have room for an intercooler but the front end may get a redesign this fall to allow for one. Relatively low boost (25 psi) so I don't think intake temps are quite insane but I'm sure they're up there.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I can't wait to see how you do at drag week, a diesel in the unlimited class and running consistent and finishing the week would be great and who knows you may end up placing.