Duramax Rookie

17SummitLTZSport

Jul 30, 2021
Just purchased a 2017 2500HD Summit White Sport Edition LTZ. Beautiful truck, I haven't owned a Chevy truck since 1991. Been driving Toyota Tundras for years. I bought a travel trailer earlier this year to travel from Florida to Nevada and Colorado. Tundra does fine at low altitude, but at high altitude it struggles and the low payload makes me nervous. I want to be safe. 20 gal fuel tank also is a nuisanse. We will be upgrading to a 5th wheel soon, so it made sense to find a Duramax. I am no mechanic, but can do minor maintenance like oil changes, installing CAI and exhaust systems. I have been a fairly active member on Tundras.com and Tundra Solutions for years. Love the information you can gain on forums. I look forward to getting to know my new truck and making it my own. Thank you for having me. I'll get a picture posted once I get the truck home.

660catman

May 18, 2021
Welcome! I’m a rookie too after buying my 13 Sierra back in May. Upgraded to a fifth wheel also.

2013 Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
welcome.

FYI, the intake on the Duramax is a CAI so no need to "upgrade" that unless you are pushing huge HP numbers

17SummitLTZSport

Jul 30, 2021
Thank you both for the responses. I wasn't thinking of a CAI for the Duramax, but maybe an exhaust? Don't know, I have to learn more about the truck before I start adding those mod's. I appreciate the info.