Duramax Rear Main Oil Seal Installer Tool

akdonhauser

Dec 13, 2017
Fulton, NY
Hi there, I'm rebuilding my "new" LML from salvage and put a new flywheel housing plate on, and am changing the rear main crank seal while I'm in there. I am coming up short finding the installer tool locally, does anyone have a tool that I could rent out?

If not, any suggestions?

Thanks alot!

-Austin

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Merchant automotive specializes in these trucks just for your future reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kubitza123

Sep 19, 2016
Texas
You can tap on in gently if your careful with a punch or make a tool but no doubt a installer is faster, easier , and takes risk out of messing the seal up.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You can tap on in gently if your careful with a punch or make a tool but no doubt a installer is faster, easier , and takes risk out of messing the seal up.

Front main, I’d probably try that but rear main, I wouldn’t. It’s a lot of work to fix it if it don’t seal cause it wasn’t installed right.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Front main, I’d probably try that but rear main, I wouldn’t. It’s a lot of work to fix it if it don’t seal cause it wasn’t installed right.

My friend did his rear main on his Cummins 3 times after building his trans. The right tool for the job takes any suspicion out
I’m a tool guy, I got a couple different tools for a 6.6 just in the event someone needs em. Everything but a repair manual...that’s why I’m here jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk