Duramax ProStock Camaro

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Any updates?

Camaro went to

Long story short... my mom has been on disability and pretty much house bound for the last ten years. We sent her labs to Germany to test against a treatment not FDA approved in the US (but they will let you pay out of pocket for it no problem). The test results came back that she would be a good canadate for the treatment... treatment is about $40k for the 15 month treatment program. Sold the Camaro last month to fund everything. I can build another any time, I’d rather have my mom back.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Camaro went to

Long story short... my mom has been on disability and pretty much house bound for the last ten years. We sent her labs to Germany to test against a treatment not FDA approved in the US (but they will let you pay out of pocket for it no problem). The test results came back that she would be a good canadate for the treatment... treatment is about $40k for the 15 month treatment program. Sold the Camaro last month to fund everything. I can build another any time, I’d rather have my mom back.

That's a sad but very loving and thoughtful thing you did there. Only one question. Is the new owner going to drive it even half as hard as you would have... That had the potential to do some serious damage to the 10.0 list

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011
Camaro went to

god bless you man.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Camaro went to

Don't blame you at all man. Props to you brother

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I brought the roller to the track with a $40k FS sign and it sold the same day.

bc931b52f3014c5b22252aa7b29c4684.jpg

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Shame it was going to be awesome to see that thing go down the track. It's a no-brainer that you'd rather have your mom around awhile longer though. Do you mind sharing a little about her illness and the procedure?

My mom and my wife both have illnesses that we have thought about sending them out of the country to be treated. Luckily we haven't had to go that route yet. Say what you will about the FDA, but they do a pretty good job of making sure treatment are safe before allowing them to be performed here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Shame it was going to be awesome to see that thing go down the track. It's a no-brainer that you'd rather have your mom around awhile longer though. Do you mind sharing a little about her illness and the procedure?

My mom and my wife both have illnesses that we have thought about sending them out of the country to be treated. Luckily we haven't had to go that route yet. Say what you will about the FDA, but they do a pretty good job of making sure treatment are safe before allowing them to be performed here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It’s called Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. She’s been house bound for the last ten years, and maybe been out of the house 30 times in that time frame. Here’s a read below on it if interested. As far as FDA..., the treatment Rituxin is manufactured less than 1/2mi from her house at Genentech.., pretty sad! The illness is so rare that there is not enough case study for the FDA to approve treatment.
https://prevention.nih.gov/programs-events/pathways-to-prevention/workshops/me-cfs.

Last edited:

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
I just wanted to tell you you are an inspiration for me and that I would hope that any son or daughter would give up everything to help their parents out whatever the case may be.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Hate to see it go, Russ, but totally understand and admire your reasoning. Good dude! :thumb:

It may seem unlikely, but my wife has some undiagnosed condition that we've likened to fibromyalgia but I'm thinking she may have a mild/moderate form of the CFS. She deals with everyone of those symptoms listed. It's not so bad she's debilitated (she's a SAHM with our 3.5yo boy) but the [leg] pain and fatigue can certainly slow her down. Really sad because she was a workout feen. It was "her thing" much like diesels are ours. Now she just can't. Been about 10 years. Most of the pain she manages with a non-inflammatory diet. I'd die if I had to eat like she does. :(

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Camaro went to

Damn proud of you, Russ. Here's hoping your Mom gets better. :hug: