Duramax Powered c7 Promod

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Hey Everyone!

It has been a while since I have been on... but as many have seen - we finally debut the hardest secret I have ever kept - our NGM Powered c7 Promod.

These Cummins guys have been dominating and we are hoping to represent the Dmax platform well for all of us. Here are a few pics! I'll be happy to answer any questions as I can. We ran 4.33@166 this past weekend with no lockup and only commanding 300mg of fuel. Car weight is 2700ish. We puchased this car at PRI last year and fired it up in the new chassis around 1 month ago... Long ways to go - but big hopes and dreams for this car.

Basics:

1.NGM 408 Billet Duramax
2. Wagler heads
3. Industrial fuel system
4. Rossler Trans w/ Lockup
5. Jerry Bickel Chassis
6. Bullseye air
7. Nitrous Express
8. Motec for Chassis/suspension/nitrous/Engine/Trans control

Attachments

• Car Naked.jpg
    Car Naked.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Car Front In Pits.jpg
    Car Front In Pits.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 128
  • car wrinkle.jpg
    car wrinkle.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 129

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Based on these times I'd imagine that record isn't far away on a good track once you guys get some more data and dial it in.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
It was super fun watching the race unfold with the friendly "trash talking" & side bets. Firepunk, not surprisingly, handled themselves like the good dudes they are. You all came out swinging and knocked off the top dawg right off the trailer. That is such an amazing feat! Super good work!

Who (shop/s) actually put the car together? It looks so well done. As I saw Lavon mentioned, its definitely a "next level" build. :thumb::coolspot:

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
I was wondering if you were going to talk about this on here or compd. Awesome build guys. To win right off the trailer is impressive also.

Thanks man.. The team we put together is to thank. Amazing.

Sweet build for sure.

Heads steel or aluminum?

We have Jeremys heads on it currently. They did amazing. We are testing a few different designs, but these are money.

DAYYYYUM. :thumb: Any videos of the run Kory?
Here is one, but quite a few floating around social media.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E57-2HIkWc0

This is BADASS.

Why no LU this last weekend?? Who makes the converter?

The converter is one that has been in development for a minute.. Kinda a compilation between a few different companies, including suncoast. We did not apply lockup, however. We will dial the chassis to do so soon over the next few weeks!

Hands down the best race i've seen in diesel motorsports.

Thanks man - I was flipping out and just waiting to see the "w" come up. Was not even sure who won - was amazing!

It was super fun watching the race unfold with the friendly "trash talking" & side bets. Firepunk, not surprisingly, handled themselves like the good dudes they are. You all came out swinging and knocked off the top dawg right off the trailer. That is such an amazing feat! Super good work!

Who (shop/s) actually put the car together? It looks so well done. As I saw Lavon mentioned, its definitely a "next level" build. :thumb::coolspot:

Lavon is always a class act. I love the firepunk family. Wade put the car together... He put his heart and soul into it and it shows. The team we have put together we feel will get Diesel motorsports recognized and respected across the whole automotive industry - which is our goal!

Feb 7, 2018
West Central Illinois
Congrats on the W

That chassis set-up is next level and definitely caught everyone off-guard with the whole set-up.
After the finals race at Rudy's I'll be curious if Fire Punk goes back to the drawling boards to re-adjust their set-up or do something different this off-season.

Regardless, 2020 is going to be very exciting!!
If the c7 or s10 get the W light I can't say upset either way. Two different teams who share the same passion and overall good people.
This is what drives the industry for innovation and new products

Best of luck with beating the record :thumb:

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Y'all gonna go give the gasser world some competition like Milliken does?!

You guys know Gale sits on the board of NHRA.. and Gale and I have been having some fun. I have big hopes and dreams for this car. Lots to be done to get it there, but we are working with the best in the promod game to get it there and have a lot of support to help us out. Its been hard to get the support behind the diesel game needed to compete at the high end gas level, but I think we are about there. Regardless, I built this car to shake up even the elite of pro mods in time. Needless to say - We will have to go to gas world regardless to get that anytime soon I think.

Congrats on the W

That chassis set-up is next level and definitely caught everyone off-guard with the whole set-up.
After the finals race at Rudy's I'll be curious if Fire Punk goes back to the drawling boards to re-adjust their set-up or do something different this off-season.

Regardless, 2020 is going to be very exciting!!
If the c7 or s10 get the W light I can't say upset either way. Two different teams who share the same passion and overall good people.
This is what drives the industry for innovation and new products

Best of luck with beating the record :thumb:

Thanks a ton man.. Huge compliment coming from you guys here. I spoke to firepunk and I am not sure what they are doing for next year.. but they know they will need some drastic changes. They have tons of power - but need more chassis and a diet. I can say though.. Even this amazing car - without the guys we had in the pits last weekend, it would not of happened. I learned more the past 3 days with them than I have in years. The knowledge it takes blows my mind. I'm beyond fortunate to learn from our team. Its surreal. I turn 30 on November 3rd and it was a goal of mine to beat the record before 30.. So lets hope it happens shortly. :)

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
How is the motec to work with?

It was ABSOLUTELY amazing... but the key is really having someone there that understands it. We were fortunate enough to have a original motec engineer (Who has been working for Polaris OEM, but is coming on board with PPEI) that helped write the logic of this ECU to do exact what we wanted seamless with the nitrous, suspension, chassis, trans, and engine. It all worked together beautiful. One ECU running certain controls and another running others with over 1000 channels running. From the suspension to the trans - the car runs completely in closed loop. Amazing engineering inside and out and there is no way I could of done it without the whole team. Very VERY fortunate. I know how to make them make power, but that was the least of it to get it down the track.

Don@F1

Jul 17, 2019
I loved watching this! Great to see it kick some butt.

The build up to the race was awesome. Way to get it done!

So glad to see a guy tuning by mass. :thumb:

Don@F1

Jul 17, 2019
For guys that may not understand how much 300mg of fuel Kory put in.....its tiny!

There is a ton of fuel left!