Duramax in a Half Shell

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
He alluded to the fact that he isn't into it right now in another thread. I know how he feels. I'm trying to reinvent my hobbies so I stay interested and enthusiastic about them. Funny how priorities change as time passes by.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Anything new Tom?

I looked at it yesterday, found something better to do. Sorry. Ive got all the tough things done. Its just a matter of putting it all together.

My wife has a honey-do list a friggin mile long because our daughter's graduation open house is the 17th.
Rebuilt the broken-down section of the garage wall, repainted the garage inside/out, she's been staining the deck (not a small job).
I now have a sidewalk to pour, some mortar work to be done and have to rebuild some steps in that time, not to mention go buy all the refreshments for the party.

But yeah, smokinlmm is correct. ;) I'll get back at it eventually.

Last edited:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Brian, you have no idea.......:roflmao:
Her idea of fun is work, work, work. Im getting real tired of it. I work enough at work. Weekends are supposed to be fun. Life is too short.

But remember, houses need maintenance no matter if you're married or not. ;)

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
The partners Brian is interested in can't bear children anyways due to having the wrong letter on their birth certificate.....

In this day and age, what with people "identifying" as WTF-ever they want, you just never know.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I wouldn't change a thing about having kids. Even though I could easily have a race tuck with what I have spent on them and they are only 4 and 8months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I wouldn't change a thing about having kids. Even though I could easily have a race tuck with what I have spent on them and they are only 4 and 8months.

Neither would I. Mine are 21 and 18. How the time flew by.

I'll get back to working on the truck eventually.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Lol there you go. As long as you finish it before you're so old and senile that your kids take away your drivers license you're good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Just so you all dont think Im bullshitting you:

shop (rebuild sill, new windows, paint, landscaping) Still have to trim out the windows, but they look ok as they are. Id like to put up vinyl siding one day.
20170610_134927_resized.jpg

deck (Roni refinished it -- took her a month b/c Michigan weather doesnt cooperate much)
20170610_134952_resized.jpg

New sidewalk that Roni has wanted for five years (first time we've ever laid concrete -- be gentle in your assessments of our skills)
20170610_135003.jpg

Plus, I had to rebuild the lower part of the wall and sill plates ^^^ of the garage, and lift it up 2". (the wood is 90+ yrs old and was completely rotted away) , then paint the garage interior. Ugh. Still have to finish the exterior, as you can see. Added new LED garage lights. Those are nice.
20170610_192045.jpg

Took a fall Thurs night, twisted my ankle up pretty bad and hurt my knee. Had an ankle brace on Friday, so that was a wasted day (called into work -- they were not happy). Took us three hours to pour the walk today, and I found out my 18 y/o daughter can finish concrete pretty good, considering it was all of our's first time. Now to a bit more landscaping. Saturday the 17th is coming quick....

Last edited: