Duramax Engine Repair Manual

13dmax83

May 9, 2016
Deep Eaat Trxas
I have been looking around for an engine manual for my 2013 GMC Sierra Duramax. Nothing is wrong and everything is fine, i am just wanting to read up some more on Duramax diesels. I have seen this one by Haynes, but it shows it covers to 2012 models. Is this gonna be pretty close to my 2013 model?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 49

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I have been looking around for an engine manual for my 2013 GMC Sierra Duramax. Nothing is wrong and everything is fine, i am just wanting to read up some more on Duramax diesels. I have seen this one by Haynes, but it shows it covers to 2012 models. Is this gonna be pretty close to my 2013 model?

Should be the same I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13dmax83

May 9, 2016
Deep Eaat Trxas
That is kinda what i am thinking. They have one at my local parts store. Will go take a look at it and if it isnt what i need i can return it. Thanks for the input.

13dmax83

May 9, 2016
Deep Eaat Trxas
I have never heard of alldatadiy.com before, but after looking into it i do believe i am going to make this purchase. I just cannot see spending $350 for the Helm book.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I have never heard of alldatadiy.com before, but after looking into it i do believe i am going to make this purchase. I just cannot see spending $350 for the Helm book.

You might change your mind after purchasing a "CONSUMER VERSION" of AllData subscription, the only thing IMHO it is good for is all and current TSB's on your vehicle. I spent $200.00 on some OEM manuals a 4 book set from Craigslist which go for $2-300.00 on Ebay. So if you keep your vehicles a long time the $350.00 is priceless and has information not found on AllData......

My first wife asked me one year what I wanted for my Birthday, I took her down to Barnes and Noble and she bought me a $200.00 dictionary like I wanted, I still use it to this day 20 years later.

Mine is similar to these sets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-CHEVY-...ash=item3ac855f6cb:g:RVUAAOSwSv1Xj~Bq&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Chevro...ierra-Service-Repair-Manual-Set-/361614009845

Last edited:

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
You might change your mind after purchasing a consumer AllData subscription, the only thing IMHO it is good for is all and current TSB's on your vehicle. I spent $200.00 on some OEM manuals a 5 book set from Craigslist which go for $2-300.00 on Ebay. So if you keep your vehicles a long time the $350.00 is priceless and has information not found on AllData......

My first wife asked me one year what I wanted for my Birthday, I took her down to Barnes and Noble and she bought me a $200.00 dictionary like I wanted, I still use it to this day 20 years later.

Mine is similar to these sets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-CHEVY-...ash=item3ac855f6cb:g:RVUAAOSwSv1Xj~Bq&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Chevro...ierra-Service-Repair-Manual-Set-/361614009845

I agree, I love hard-copy books as well, but Alldatadiy is FAR more than just TSBs. It covers repair and replacement of every component on the truck, wiring diagrams, everything. I use it quite frequently for a number of my vehicles and I even have one for the Duramax, even though it's still under warranty, for looking at wiring diagrams and such.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I agree, I love hard-copy books as well, but Alldatadiy is FAR more than just TSBs. It covers repair and replacement of every component on the truck, wiring diagrams, everything. I use it quite frequently for a number of my vehicles and I even have one for the Duramax, even though it's still under warranty, for looking at wiring diagrams and such.

That stuff was not available on the one I bought for my 2007 2500HD gasser, must have bought the wrong one or it has since been changed, this was back in 2007...

Last edited:

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
It very well could've changed. It is very complete now. Torque specs, typical repair or replacement hours, TSBs, pictures for every step, everything. I mainly started using it for torque specs but quickly realized its value goes way beyond that. They frequently email coupon codes as well, so it's much cheaper to add additional vehicles.

13dmax83

May 9, 2016
Deep Eaat Trxas
I looked at the sample vehicles that were available on alldatadiy and they both seemed pretty complete to me, along with great pictures and diagrams. Before i make my purchase with them i will email or call them and let them know exactly what i am looking for and see what they say. I am mechanically inclined but have never been around the Duramax or diesels. Thanks for the input guys.

freddyo

Jan 24, 2013
I got a 2012 SI manual set on a DVD which is apparently the last year the manuals were available on DVD through Helms. I have made use of it often for my 2013. MUCH better than paper with individual test results provided as clickable hot links. Gotta love it. No more table full of open manuals with place holders. If you can track down a copy of the DVD, get it. I haven't figured out how to defeat the copy protection.