Duck the MANN or throw in the towel?

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I agree but good luck arguing.

Inspections will be conducted under the existing authority granted to the NJMVC within N.J.S.A. 39:8-64. The primary purpose of these inspections will be to obtain data to determine a rate of compliance for ALL diesel-powered motor vehicles, whether registered “Commercial” or “Passenger,” with gross vehicle weight ratings between 8,501 lbs. to 17,999 lbs. and subject to the State’s self-inspection program and emission laws.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal

Inspections will be conducted under the existing authority granted to the NJMVC within N.J.S.A. 39:8-64. The primary purpose of these inspections will be to obtain data to determine a rate of compliance for ALL diesel-powered motor vehicles, whether registered “Commercial” or “Passenger,” with gross vehicle weight ratings between 8,501 lbs. to 17,999 lbs. and subject to the State’s self-inspection program and emission laws.

New Jersey sounds fun lol

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin

Sounds like your 2500hd identifies as a 1999 S10, it's far under the weight class. If we can do that with genders why can't my truck do it too?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Looking for complete or just the cat back?
I would like the whole setup, crew short. Turbo flange to tail pipe. Ive got a 5” on it with resonator and would love to go back to stock.

Yes I’m getting old and yea I don’t want to be part of the diesel rice scene

down_hiller

Oct 28, 2016
I thought I wanted a newer truck but have decided to keep the old LB7 forever now. Its fairly simple to work on and drives great. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles but its fun to drive and will be even more so once I build the trans at some point.

Also I remember listening to the diesel performance podcast a while back and they had a tech section where they couldn't figure out why an LML in the shop wouldn't go into regen. They finally figured out the exhaust was cut apart, gutted and put back together to look factory.

• Haha
Reactions: OleBlackyLBZ

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I guess if they did that I'd pull the motor and trans and part it out give them the shell to crush. What a throw away society we live in. Don't want to/can't afford to put a dpf back on? No worries we'll crush your truck so you can buy a new one because that's better for the environment.
Welcome to the current climate I guess. I know the early DPF systems are crap and insanely expensive.

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
Where in Canada emission tests? I've read Ontario does for it but that is one garbage province, I'd rather drink gasoline than live there. I've never heard of any other province or territory doing it.
Ontario yes. My 2011 will not pass as it sits for a HD test, so I do not yellow sticker it, very hard to haul a trailer if you cannot register heavy though! Very strict here in Ontario my brother got a fix ticket for a missing EGR on his LLY....

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
I hotshot about 1 day per week for side money. I'm in the heartland, but when they get stupid here I'm hanging the hotshotting up. I'm not going to fight with them and I'm sure not going to go and spend $80-100K on a new pickup to work it part-time. This country is headed down the tubes and fast.

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
Ontario yes. My 2011 will not pass as it sits for a HD test, so I do not yellow sticker it, very hard to haul a trailer if you cannot register heavy though! Very strict here in Ontario my brother got a fix ticket for a missing EGR on his LLY....
Get a P.O. Box in Manitoba then register your vehicle for that province then just pay the bit extra insurance to work 'out of province' lol

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
I hotshot about 1 day per week for side money. I'm in the heartland, but when they get stupid here I'm hanging the hotshotting up. I'm not going to fight with them and I'm sure not going to go and spend $80-100K on a new pickup to work it part-time. This country is headed down the tubes and fast.
I take part of this back, I wasnt thinking clearly. I would NEVER go to the hassle of returning the black truck back to stock. But I do have the bone stock white lbz now that wont ever have enough done to it to be hard to return to stock so I could and would be willing to do that in order to keep hauling I guess.. 👍🏼 its hard for me to get used to having two trucks! I almost forget about it since I dont have it road ready yet and havent been driving it haha