Dual fuelers

maxxin-n-style

Jul 8, 2013
abq, new mexico
Dont have the cash laying around for rods like that.. plus id never go over 650 anyways so the lmm rods should be ok for me im hoping.. and which is why I was asking about cryo treating them

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
Cryo wont help.. I cracked 3 pistons on just a tune, truck ran 7.9's in the 1/8th on stock inj. , turbo cp3 so it must have been in the 550rwhp range.. Instead of buying dual fuelers why not buy manley rods like paint said? Throw some lb7 pistons and u can make over 650 safely, it's worth saving up for.

maxxin-n-style

Jul 8, 2013
abq, new mexico
This would be another budget build.. bought a full build ats and dual fuelers and a few more goodies all for 3k from my old boss.. just the tranny alone was worth that to me.. would love to go carrillos, just cant do it right now and I need a vehicle again for a new job so lmm rods and delipped pistons and keying everything is the best I can do right now.. I know I dont need the dual fuelers just figured since I have it should I just throw it on to keep good pressures or just let it go.. which sounds like its best to keep it off.. sometime down the road id like to add 475 over stock and ill probably get 45 overs and just don't wanna run out of fuel and kick my own ass for getting rid of the duals

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
If u sold the dual fuelers and saved up the rest of the $$ to buy manley rods u will be way happier than the moment when those lmm rods bend because of the x2 cp3's.. JMO..

maxxin-n-style

Jul 8, 2013
abq, new mexico
Couldnt agree with ya more.. just sux cuz the cash isn't there and i really need this thing going again.. I had the dual fuelers up for sale already and had no bites on it.. so I'd rather hang on to it then let it go for a couple hundred and still not be able to get rods and wont have the duals anymore. . Whos got manleys for 2200? Guess thats a little better then carrillos at 26 lol