Dual fuelers

Michael Moore III

06 dirtyMax
Jul 16, 2013
MD
What do you guys think about doing dual cp3s on stock lbz internals? Some say your safe others say no way! Need some opinions.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
For the $$ you spend you won't use it to its potential. Plus, it's a LBZ. You look at it wrong and it cracks a piston :D

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Brian's right... You only go to dual pumps if you can't support the desired duration. Holding rail pressure could very well equal big tune kaboom

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
even more simply put... if you're using enough fuel to not hold rail pressure, you're already way past the point of your motor will shitting the bed... it's more of a question of when.

yes I know I have twins, twins, and bigger sticks... I've never claimed to be the sharpest pencil in the drawer.:hello:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Michael Moore didn't indicate he was loosing rail, or even had a tune, he simply asked if its safe to use a dual fueler kit on stock LBZ internals.

The answer is yeah, sure ya can, if the truck is running a stock tune it's gonna be fine, if you are running a tune, so long as the tune is calibrated by a competent tuner for use with a stock long block, you should be just fine, although, there are no guarantees when speaking in terms of performance and reliability

mb1

Nov 15, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
IMO the stock pump can put out enough to put the engine on borrowed time if used to its potential. Adding more would be fun but I would plan to have it pop.

I might be paranoid but I'm worried about mine already...

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
My st cab lbz was stock motor 75% inj dual cp3 68mm cheetah w mpi twins for 3 years w no ill effect I was good and ready for it to blow it just never did I credit it to the great tunes from rob also you need a brain in how you drive it which is very hard to do when you can do burnouts cruising the speed limit lol

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Michael Moore didn't indicate he was loosing rail, or even had a tune, he simply asked if its safe to use a dual fueler kit on stock LBZ internals.

The answer is yeah, sure ya can, if the truck is running a stock tune it's gonna be fine, if you are running a tune, so long as the tune is calibrated by a competent tuner for use with a stock long block, you should be just fine, although, there are no guarantees when speaking in terms of performance and reliability

Bottom line is if you hold rail, parts will fail. Doesn't matter who tunes it.
Who runs a stock tune with dual pumps..?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
They will break give it time I had alittle over 125+ runs at the track on the stock motor. A lot more street races and a few dyno pulls and hooked to the sled 2 times in the same night. Had a single cp3 pump on swapped in a wicked diesel modded fpr and changed tunes and cracked a piston within days of that. Had a total of 30,500 miles on the motor new in 06 and let go in 08 and built motor in month and half.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
IMO the stock pump can put out enough to put the engine on borrowed time if used to its potential. Adding more would be fun but I would plan to have it pop.

I might be paranoid but I'm worried about mine already...

The stock pump is plenty of fuel to damage stock internals.

maxxin-n-style

Jul 8, 2013
abq, new mexico
What about on a lb7 with lmm rods and delipped pistons? Got a dual fueler kit from a buddy for almost nothing so I figured why not put it on since I have it.. not really planning on going over 650 -700 though. . Would it help to cryo the rods?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
What about on a lb7 with lmm rods and delipped pistons? Got a dual fueler kit from a buddy for almost nothing so I figured why not put it on since I have it.. not really planning on going over 650 -700 though. . Would it help to cryo the rods?

spend $2200 and get Manley rods if you are going to tear the engine down its simple... why would you under build an engine?