LBZ: DTCs for Alt Trigger circut, AC Pres. Sensor and IAT sensor.

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
So I got this 2007 LBZ in with a bunch of weird issues, Mkay, no biggie, I get those types from time to time.

Plastic cold side elbow blew off, solved his low boost issue.

But the customer was throwing the BATT light along with DTCs for the IAT 1 sensor, Alt trigger Circuit and AC pressure sensor. So after going to my usual porcelain thinking spot for a few minutes, It clicked in my twisted head that all of these are located in the same harness stringing across the engine. Check all the usuals, wire conditions, connections etc. I had this gut feeling that the ECM was faulty. So I was getting ready to pull this one out and put Casper's in for testing. When I noticed, the small connector (c2?, I don't remember) had the lever sticking part way up and not seated all the way. So decided to reseat that connector.

Fired the truck up and cleared all the codes and no issues.

Just goes to show something simple will drive a person mad.. :rofl:
But glad it was easy.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
typically how it happens :rofl:

years ago i had a 2000 NBS gmc 1500. i had put fiberglass fenders on it (i was 17 at the time) and built a janky sub structure to hold the core support steady and hold the fuse block. never knew the inner fenders couldnt be easily detached from the outer like rangers and others could be so it all went away. Anyhow, i had disconnected the fuse block and thought i reconnected it all. 2 weeks down the road, the speedo, oil pressure, and tach quit. Spent 3 hours trying to figure it out, took it to a shop, they spent 12 more hours on it and found the plug under the fuse block wasnt fully seated. Tech had gone round and round testing all kinds of shit trying to figure it out (luckily this place wasnt a "throw parts at it and hope it fixes it" so they actually tested shit). The owner had some pitty for me when i showed up all poochy faced knowing the bill wouldnt be cheap (he was 25-26 at the time). he only charged me for 4 hours luckily. problem solved and it hurt my 17 year old wallet! i learned alot of lessons on that truck :roflmao: Owner and i became good friends after that. :D

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Been there, done that, Nate. Had a bail connector loosen up on me coming home from the track way navy when. Don't remember why i had loosened it, but it was. I thought I killed my truck until i looked underhood and saw the handle not locked down.... reconnected it, and whalla, truck ran great again.

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
typically how it happens :rofl:

years ago i had a 2000 NBS gmc 1500. i had put fiberglass fenders on it (i was 17 at the time) and built a janky sub structure to hold the core support steady and hold the fuse block. never knew the inner fenders couldnt be easily detached from the outer like rangers and others could be so it all went away. Anyhow, i had disconnected the fuse block and thought i reconnected it all. 2 weeks down the road, the speedo, oil pressure, and tach quit. Spent 3 hours trying to figure it out, took it to a shop, they spent 12 more hours on it and found the plug under the fuse block wasnt fully seated. Tech had gone round and round testing all kinds of shit trying to figure it out (luckily this place wasnt a "throw parts at it and hope it fixes it" so they actually tested shit). The owner had some pitty for me when i showed up all poochy faced knowing the bill wouldnt be cheap (he was 25-26 at the time). he only charged me for 4 hours luckily. problem solved and it hurt my 17 year old wallet! i learned alot of lessons on that truck :roflmao: Owner and i became good friends after that. :D

We all gotta start somewhere. But thats pretty cool you and him are friends. I had a couple of similar situations..:roflmao:

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
Been there, done that, Nate. Had a bail connector loosen up on me coming home from the track way navy when. Don't remember why i had loosened it, but it was. I thought I killed my truck until i looked underhood and saw the handle not locked down.... reconnected it, and whalla, truck ran great again.

I have done the exact same thing with both of mine already..lol.

After I got this one done, I stared at it for a good minute, and realized, this truck takes after Betty, when shes running good, Its all happy faces and fun times. When shes not, Its time to start calling in the priests and perform spiritual rituals to try to remotely find the problem. :roflmao::roflmao: