DTC troubles!!!

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Ok guys I'm having some random codes keep coming up n not sure what the deal is... Truck is stock besides straight pipe n FASS lift pump n hypertec programmer.. All started with it throwing a Po401 code witch has to do with egr n then it started throwing a 2155 code with it n I did some searching n found with those codes together that the egr needs to b replaced or cleaned... All my other trucks have been deleted from day one but this one has 200k n still has it so its leaving next week but the weird this is then those two codes came up together it started idling very rough so I checked the balance rates n all of them were WAY off.... Like +12!!!! So I know it had to b something makin them do that Bc no way all of then went at once. I cleared codes n the rates r back to normal n runs smooth again... Now tha was a few days ago n no more codes came up till today... Now idles rough again and has several codes. Including 300,303,308 witch r misfire codes n 208,203 with r injector harness circuit... So just needs y'all's help to figure it out.. Thanks in advance!!!

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Shorted wire maybe? LBZ aren't really known for that but anything can happen in 200K... I would start by looking over the wiring around the egr area and follow it back to the harness. I didn't look but are those mis fire codes all one back by chance?

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Yes sir that's what I'm thinkin but not sure y it's throwing other codes as well. I forgot to mention it threw a 700 code to for the TCM during all that.. Weird stuff. The 303 n 203 are for the #3 cyl n the 208 n 308 r #8 so those r the only two being affected by whatever it is and those r on opposite sides.. The injector control circuit on #3 n 8 I'm sure is what's causing the misfire codes. Whenever it does this all the balance rates are off tho so I'm sure it's either a ground or a wire rubber thru.. I need to pull out the V2 n check n pull out the codes in TCM to see what caused the 700 to pop up..

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Check the main engine connectors on top of the engine. Might have to tighten pins up..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Ok I'll check them out. Thanks I hope to get it figured out bf I do all these upgrades! Gona put the Trans n 10mm pump in while I'm puttin the WCfab y bridge and intake kit on this week I hope.