DSP5 switch....

jboss

DIESEL JUNKIE
Mar 26, 2007
SoCal
No, its just funny how it looks like you are driving yt the gauges show nothing. Just struck me as funny, thanks for posting the pic., thats a good spot

yeah i'm running a new tune... really low egt's :rofl:

i ran my wires throught the rubber boot where the steering shaft goes through. that way i didn't have to drill.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY

yeah i'm running a new tune... really low egt's :rofl:

i ran my wires throught the rubber boot where the steering shaft goes through. that way i didn't have to drill.

Did you protect them so they don't get chaffed of tangled up?

I was gonna go through the rubber grommet that the main wiring system goes through the firewall (and its already cut for some reason :confused: ) but decided I'd rather make the new hole. Figured it would look better, once I get the split loom on it, than wires coming through a slit in the rubber grommet.

C-ya

jboss

DIESEL JUNKIE
Mar 26, 2007
SoCal
Yeah i used some black conduit to protect all the wires. I could have drilled and made it look cleaner, but i was feeling lazy at the time. plus you cant see it unless your under my dash and look.

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Has anyone come up with a sticker to put behind these things to better indicate which tune its in? I've enquired Guy, we'll see what he says. I know he mentioned he was working on that at one point.

C-ya
Did you or anyone else ever come up with anything for a switch label?

How do you get the back off the plug going to th ECM where you actually put the wires? I got everything else taken apart except that. Had to just put it all back together again as I couldn't find directions that showed that detail, just showed it on one time, then off in the next picture (Trippin's site).

C-ya

I broke mine today....gonna try some super glue......:eek:

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Two coats of super glue and it held well enough to get put back on the harness. I dont know how long it'll last but that damn ECM cover should do a good enough job holding it on anyway.
I'm doin some checkin around for some dsp5 labels. I'm sure there are more people than just me looking for some....

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Two coats of super glue and it held well enough to get put back on the harness. I dont know how long it'll last but that damn ECM cover should do a good enough job holding it on anyway.
I'm doin some checkin around for some dsp5 labels. I'm sure there are more people than just me looking for some....

I just memorized the positions........all the way left is Base, then one click right is dsp1, two clicks dsp2 and so forth :D