DSP5 switch help

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I installed the switch on my LBZ and when I turned the switch it was still on the same tune. So I went to chEck the ground and it was good but I realized that the signal wire was disconnected out of the wiring harness and the terminal that was kn the wire was gone so I managed to get it out of the harness clip but it basically fell apart. Where can I get a new terminal? And what size is it? I looked at all the parts stores around here and the ones I found look to big. Does any one know what size?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
The part numbers and tray locations are floating around here just have to look. The tedious part is getting the missing one out if its in the ecm. Taking a small needle and pressing it into the smaller of the two holes will unlock it. Then using another needle push it out.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Well i got the one out already now i just have to wait for a dealer to open monday. I really wanted to drive it and see how the tunes were working.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
That would work to but when I wired the switch there was already something wired into the ground spot so I wired the ground else where and I can't find the other piece I had to cut off. I will just run by the dealer tomorrow.

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Contact a vendor for EFI Live like Idaho Rob at ATPTrucks.com or someone who sells DSP5 switches, usually they'll sell you a terminal pin crimped to the wire already.

I bought mine from the dealer, but it was a PITA for them to find.

MFDinosaur

May 20, 2009
Northeast Florida
Some of the friendlier dealers will give you the pins. I picked a few up the other day from one of the local dealers here. Try a different dealer if you don't get a pin from someone else first.

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Some of the friendlier dealers will give you the pins. I picked a few up the other day from one of the local dealers here. Try a different dealer if you don't get a pin from someone else first.

Two problems with this are..

1. The parts guys don't know what you're talking about most of the time. You have to ask for the parts guy that works with the technicians. Give him that information and push push push...

2. Once you get the pin, you have to figure out how to crimp it to the wire securely. I recommend using solder after it's crimped. Your crimp and solder need to be small enough though that it doesn't interfere with the wire sliding into the track.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Now if the switch still isn't working after I got it all wired in could it be a bad switch? I have tried moving the ground and everything even pulled the pin back out of the ECM an checked all wires. I don't mind buying a new switch if it gets it working. Is it possible to have a bad switch?