Dsp 5 Not working anymore (HELP)

SBCNX20

Aug 7, 2006
Central MA
Ok, truck had Dsp 5 tune in it for about 7 months worked fine. Engine blew (returned to stock tune) up and was replaced. It was also reflashed at dealer two weeks ago to a updated version. Sooo on Monday I reflashed the pcm to the Dsp tune, the base tune is there and working BUT it will no longer switch tunes????? I logged and saw that it shows that there is in fact a dsp tune but it only registers non dsp under the dsp tune # parameter. Any ideas?

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
Different operating system would be my guess, also make sure the wires did'nt get cut while replacing the engine.

i agree the freaking stealer did the same thing they in my truck reflush my ecm and put a diff operating system in it :mad: i hate them piches putos! lol

SBCNX20

Aug 7, 2006
Central MA
log dsp voltage
same tune that worked fine before?
if switch is not hooked up it defaults to the main tables

Yep same tune, I even threw in a different one and it does the same thing.

Voltage/tune is not changing during logging.

Sweet, Am I right to think that if the tune loads then they ALL (5) have to be in there? My Buddy says that the wire is not damaged and that he has checked twice that he is using the correct pins again.:confused::confused:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Yep same tune, I even threw in a different one and it does the same thing.

Voltage/tune is not changing during logging.

Sweet, Am I right to think that if the tune loads then they ALL (5) have to be in there? My Buddy says that the wire is not damaged and that he has checked twice that he is using the correct pins again.:confused::confused:

if its the same tune and you never changed the voltage did you FULL flash the tune in?

no voltage tells me that the wires are not hooked up? If the tune is good

SBCNX20

Aug 7, 2006
Central MA
Yep full flashed.

Thats what I keep telling him but he is insist that he has it hooked up. Im gonna have to take a look at it with him today and see if I spot something he might be missing.

Thanks guys

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Yep full flashed.

Thats what I keep telling him but he is insist that he has it hooked up. Im gonna have to take a look at it with him today and see if I spot something he might be missing.

Thanks guys

Use a volt meter and get as close to the ECM and see if there is infact voltage on one of the wires

Dave50mod

Dave50mod
Jan 12, 2008
Fitchburg mass
There are no wires cut etc It just wont work sbcnx20 are you sure your file is good ..... lol idk what the hell that is but itts not working and its hard to tow on a race tune :angel: