LLY: Driving me Crazy Injector Malfunction CEL

ShredLordXx

May 13, 2015
Northern Ontario, Canada
Long story short.... I kept getting a P0202 error, causing the truck to go into tractor mode, so I ice picked the connector, which seemed to have fixed the issue for a year.. it has now re-surfaced, so I replaced the pigtail, soldered the new one in, heat shrank it, and re-loomed, did this on Monday, today driving home from work, I got the P0202 error again, I parked the truck and restarted it seemed to be fine, I tried to make it tractor again by playing with the newly installed pigtail but nothing happend, I then moved to the Ficm harness close to the alternator while i was moving around the cables there, it returned into tractor mode, with a P0205 code, that will not go away. I cut away most of the tape and loom close to the ficm harness, and I can't seem to find any chaffes or cuts...... getting desperate. Does anyone have any pointers.

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
Hmmmm i just went through this issue. I got lucky and it was only the plug. Not sure but ohm the wire for internal breaks (non visible) or higher resistane. Another thing is how did you solder the #2 connector wires? Did you twist the copper togather tight then solder? Tape then shrink? You have to be carful of picking up noise in the injector wires.

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sounds like a broken wire within its casing. It wont show outwardly. You're going to have to test the wire for the 5th injector circuit for continuity to find the break.

ShredLordXx

May 13, 2015
Northern Ontario, Canada
To answer the first question, I cut the wire were a previous pigtail was installed and removed the crimps from the old pigtail, I then stripped the wires and pushed the frays together twisting them tightly together I then soldered them and heat shrank the wires individualy and then cut a new piece of loom and taped it.... For ohming it out would i pull the ficm connectors off and test #5 i guess i would have to test #2 as well as it is usually what leaves me tractored on the road only #5 came up last night when i was looking around and wont go away

ShredLordXx

May 13, 2015
Northern Ontario, Canada
When you guys say Ohm it out, I think the problem lies in the C2 Ficm bundle, I'm guessing I'm going to remove the ficm connector and then.... I need to know where the other side is to put the other multi meter lead?? It almost seems like a power issue, as it throws random codes for Injectors 2 3 5 and 8 at random.

ShredLordXx

May 13, 2015
Northern Ontario, Canada
Well I think I found the problem... but while soldering it I accidentally pre shrank the heat shrink.. and I have to cut the wire again lol... It was down the FICM harness, on the part that goes down by the EGR, it was rubbing the metal injector line. I wont be able to test until i get a new fuel line. Here is some pictures.

hfhCwud.jpg
Mess

Here is the rub through I found, right above where I cut it

RpGQ9iW.jpg

9YUn3FJ.jpg

Reactions: Hoser