Driver side trans dipstick tube questions

serpa4

Feb 5, 2007
Tell me about left hand dipsticks tubes. Is this a dealer item, cost, do i need a new dip stick to go with the tube, fun factor trying to mount it?
I bent my passenger side tube to get it in after downpipe install and now have a susspision its not accurate.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Tell me about left hand dipsticks tubes. Is this a dealer item, cost, do i need a new dip stick to go with the tube, fun factor trying to mount it?
I bent my passenger side tube to get it in after downpipe install and now have a susspision its not accurate.

You can buy the filler tube from me or Guy at SoCalDiesel. They are not available at the dealer. Dipstick is reused as the tube length is identical. As far as difficulty of install; it gets a little tight because the tube has to fit under fuell lines and may require cross member lowering. It does fit well though.

PowerMax

Think "Outside" The Box
May 4, 2008
The drivers side dipstick works well. I have one because of my downpipe configuration. Money well spent.

serpa4

Feb 5, 2007
Its the classic body style. Its got some scratches from sliding it in and out. I didn't think you'd take it back since its scratched. That dumb firewall seam is just in the way. I pulled fuel lines, dropped the trans cross member, pulled the oil filter, removed the tranfercase drive shaft. I gave up after three solid hours under a lift. I'll send it back if you'll take it.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Its the classic body style. Its got some scratches from sliding it in and out. I didn't think you'd take it back since its scratched. That dumb firewall seam is just in the way. I pulled fuel lines, dropped the trans cross member, pulled the oil filter, removed the tranfercase drive shaft. I gave up after three solid hours under a lift. I'll send it back if you'll take it.

They fit the classic as I have installed them. Just send it back.