Driver/passenger seat issues

Chucky797

Oct 30, 2013
New Bern, NC
I have been trying to figure out the issue with my driver/passenger seat for awhile now. The driver seat won't move and the heated seat on the driver/passenger side doesn't work. When i check the orange wire under the driver seat there is no power at the connector. I am guessing that is supposed to be power, if so, where does it get the power from? I checked the fuse box and there isn't anything that i can locate for power to that wire.

Chucky797

Oct 30, 2013
New Bern, NC
I have looked at the diagram and can't see any that talk about the seat adjustment. All the wiring diagrams i see say there should be a 30A fuse, but don't know what one it is supposed to be.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
check fuse #2 MBEC1. 50 amp

also check the fuses / circuit breakers above the brake peddle. should be a 30a circuit breaker under there for the power seats

Last edited:

Chucky797

Oct 30, 2013
New Bern, NC
Thanks for all the help, i was able to find it. I traced the wire under the seat and found that it was corroded/broken under the door sill. Spliced in a new piece of wire and soldered/heat shrink and the seat moves again. Also, the heated seat works again too so that is a huge plus.

Reactions: Dean E