Driver install issues

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Trying to install the drivers for my v2 on my xp computer and followed the steps as per the support section on efilive website for loading flashscan and v2 drivers and My computer can’t find them. Anyone got any help for me with this?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Have you tried pointing it to: C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\....
Doesn’t work. Says the location doesn’t have any device information files.
I followed the efilive steps and entered the file info for where it’s supposed to be and doesn’t work.
One thing is that it said unknown device under other devices where efi directions say it should say flashscan or autocal. I restarted my computer and now other devices doesn’t even show up. I’m going backwards now.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
This, from the EFILive site, may help if you haven't tried it yet

Install the latest drivers.
Follow the steps as outlined below to ensure the correct drivers are installed.

1. Disconnect FlashScan or AutoCal from your PC.
  2. Start the EFILive USB Manager application located under the Start->Programs->EFILive->V8 program group.
  3. Click on the Uninstall USB Drivers button.
  4. Click on the Install USB 2.12.26 button.
Users should attempt to install/uninstall drivers using the EFILive USB Manager. As a secondary option, users can also attempt to install/uninstall drivers using the native windows processes, documented here.

Windows Vista & Windows 7
Follow these steps to load the FlashScan or AutoCal drivers on Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows 7 systems.

1. Press the Windows+Pause/Break keys on your keyboard or right-click on Computer and select the Properties option.
  2. Select the Device Manager option in the left-hand pane.
  3. Expand the Other Devices category.
  4. Right-click on the FlashScan or AutoCal device and select the Update Driver Software... option.
  5. Select the Browse my computer for driver software option.
  6. Click the Browse button.
  7. Navigate to the C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7-8 (or C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7-8 on 64 bit systems). Note: Do not go deeper into the i386 or amd64 folders as driver install will fail.
  8. Click the Next button.
Windows XP
Follow these steps to load the FlashScan or AutoCal drivers on Microsoft Windows XP systems.

1. Press the Windows+Pause/Break keys on your keyboard or right-click on My Computer and select the Properties option.
  2. Select the Hardware tab.
  3. Click the Device Manager button.
  4. Expand the Other devices category.
  5. Right-click on the FlashScan or AutoCal device and select the Update Driver... option.
  6. Select No, not this time when prompted with the Hardware Update Wizard dialog.
  7. Select the Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) option.
  8. Uncheck the Search removable media (floppy, CD-ROM...) checkbox.
  9. Check the Include this location in the search option.
  10. Click the Browse button.
  11. Navigate to the C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7-8 (or C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7-8 on 64 bit systems). Note: Do not go deeper into the i386 or amd64 folders as driver install will fail.
  12. Click the Next button.
  13. Click the Finish button.

El Presidente

Jun 1, 2020
I had a similar issue with v8 so I called the help line and in my case I had to download the beta v8.3 or whatever it is and then it was able to find it.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
This, from the EFILive site, may help if you haven't tried it yet

Install the latest drivers.
Follow the steps as outlined below to ensure the correct drivers are installed.

1. Disconnect FlashScan or AutoCal from your PC.
  2. Start the EFILive USB Manager application located under the Start->Programs->EFILive->V8 program group.
  3. Click on the Uninstall USB Drivers button.
  4. Click on the Install USB 2.12.26 button.
Users should attempt to install/uninstall drivers using the EFILive USB Manager. As a secondary option, users can also attempt to install/uninstall drivers using the native windows processes, documented here.

Windows Vista & Windows 7
Follow these steps to load the FlashScan or AutoCal drivers on Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows 7 systems.

1. Press the Windows+Pause/Break keys on your keyboard or right-click on Computer and select the Properties option.
  2. Select the Device Manager option in the left-hand pane.
  3. Expand the Other Devices category.
  4. Right-click on the FlashScan or AutoCal device and select the Update Driver Software... option.
  5. Select the Browse my computer for driver software option.
  6. Click the Browse button.
  7. Navigate to the C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7-8 (or C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7-8 on 64 bit systems). Note: Do not go deeper into the i386 or amd64 folders as driver install will fail.
  8. Click the Next button.
Windows XP
Follow these steps to load the FlashScan or AutoCal drivers on Microsoft Windows XP systems.

1. Press the Windows+Pause/Break keys on your keyboard or right-click on My Computer and select the Properties option.
  2. Select the Hardware tab.
  3. Click the Device Manager button.
  4. Expand the Other devices category.
  5. Right-click on the FlashScan or AutoCal device and select the Update Driver... option.
  6. Select No, not this time when prompted with the Hardware Update Wizard dialog.
  7. Select the Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) option.
  8. Uncheck the Search removable media (floppy, CD-ROM...) checkbox.
  9. Check the Include this location in the search option.
  10. Click the Browse button.
  11. Navigate to the C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7-8 (or C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7-8 on 64 bit systems). Note: Do not go deeper into the i386 or amd64 folders as driver install will fail.
  12. Click the Next button.
  13. Click the Finish button.
This is how I’ve been trying to do it

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I just installed it on my wife’s old windows 8 computer and got everything loaded for now on that computer but I’d really like to get my Dell working again.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Maybe copy the drivers over. I know they technically are for a different operating system but I've crossed many over without issues if I manually point the system to the right file

Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling or repair installation yet?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
So I reinstalled it and opened up 7.5 tune tool and it worked. Then quit working when I opened v8 scan and tune. Reinstalled again and so far it’s holding with both programs. So not sure what the problem is or was.