DPF Light on.

MattMcF

Mar 21, 2014
WV
Ok so last week my DPF light came on so I took it and had it scanned and they said it needed a new DPF system put in. After they installed that it was fine. Now today as I'm driving it the DPF light comes and it goes into safety mode. I checked the DEF and it's full so I know it can't be because it's low.

Is there any way I can shut this off without taking it to the dealer.

Any help would be appreciated.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
I still have warranty so I don't want to delete it just yet.

To be honest, if you even flash the truck to extended the thresholds to keep the light less likely from coming on, you will lose your warranty.

About the only option you have if warranty is a concern is to truly just bring it back in to the dealer.

MattMcF

Mar 21, 2014
WV
To be honest, if you even flash the truck to extended the thresholds to keep the light less likely from coming on, you will lose your warranty.

About the only option you have if warranty is a concern is to truly just bring it back in to the dealer.

Kind of had a feeling it would be my only option but I just didn't know if there was something else I could do.

I am considering putting EFI live on it in the near future but I have concerns about it and don't want just anyone working on my truck. Honestly I'd rather do it myself then take it somewhere.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Kind of had a feeling it would be my only option but I just didn't know if there was something else I could do.

I am considering putting EFI live on it in the near future but I have concerns about it and don't want just anyone working on my truck. Honestly I'd rather do it myself then take it somewhere.

You can easily do it all yourself!

MattMcF

Mar 21, 2014
WV
Ok just making sure we were both talking about just the monitor. I actually looked up and efi live system for $900 so I wouldn't have that much tied up in it.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I have just a boost and Pyro unless your getting crazy with the truck I feel that's all you need to start off with guages and some efi. I have a Xrt pro and have had it since under 5000 miles if I remember correctly. I will sell the Xrt pro for efi soon as I scrape together some cash. I just didn't want the giant monitor I'm my truck so guages is what I stayed with

MattMcF

Mar 21, 2014
WV
Well I thought about doing the monitor for now then efi. And eventually gauges.