Dpc 2013

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Elite Diesel built Erik's truck. They did awesome work and are a great bunch of guys to compete with. They helped out Justin Bibby too when he lost his headgasket when ATS told him "tough sh*t". Erik knew how to drive very well, he was calm and collected through the whole event, and didn't have to mess with the truck much between events. That truck is the epitome of a DPC competitor, hands down.

Did you turn wrenches inside ATS shop? Did your truck go on one of their lifts? Dude blew a head gasket? Isn't that what that competition is about? Which truck can stay together and make it through the competition? I don't get why you fault ATS for not touching his truck. Ever occoured to you that there is some liability involved messing with a competitors vehicle? Something goes wrong and finger pointing goes wild and people see dollar signs from a potential lawsuit.

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
Did you turn wrenches inside ATS shop? Did your truck go on one of their lifts? Dude blew a head gasket? Isn't that what that competition is about? Which truck can stay together and make it through the competition? I don't get why you fault ATS for not touching his truck. Ever occoured to you that there is some liability involved messing with a competitors vehicle? Something goes wrong and finger pointing goes wild and people see dollar signs from a potential lawsuit.

all they needed is a place to do the work, not someone. They worked in our shop through the night to fix the blown gasket.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.

I didn't fault anyone. ATS didn't work on anyone's truck. They allowed Dmitri and Jeremy to take a lift, and Aaron to take one, and then John Weatherby to take one too. Everyone was trying to help each other. Were you there? Didn't think so...

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
all they needed is a place to do the work, not someone. They worked in our shop through the night to fix the blown gasket.

I've seen trucks there, a red one comes to mind, that have used their lifts tools and resources plenty of times. That red truck had not one purple part on it. That's just one instance. Kudos to Elite for helping him out I'm not trying to take away from that. I just don't feel ATS should get thrown under the bus kuz at some point in the day they have to lock their doors and go home. Does their insurance cover his truck if an accident occoured or he injured himself while working on it while on their property? Pretty sure only their customers and their vehicles are. Until Mr Tim opens up a shop as big himself and volunteers his insurance and liability to be Mr saves the day then he is not in a place to take cheap shots.

Some of the guys @ ATS are my friends and would give you the shirt off their backs. I've seen the generosity and hospitality they extend and they are good people. I did some work for Clint about a year ago and he invited me to stay at his house for 1 1/2 weeks while I was working for him. He had never met me, simply went off my reputation as a person and as a reputable contractor. Last time I checked letting a stranger stay in you're house while you're out of town is pretty hospitable.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I've seen trucks there, a red one comes to mind, that have used their lifts tools and resources plenty of times. That red truck had not one purple part on it. That's just one instance. Kudos to Elite for helping him out I'm not trying to take away from that. I just don't feel ATS should get thrown under the bus kuz at some point in the day they have to lock their doors and go home. Does their insurance cover his truck if an accident occoured or he injured himself while working on it while on their property? Pretty sure only their customers and their vehicles are. Until Mr Tim opens up a shop as big himself and volunteers his insurance and liability to be Mr saves the day then he is not in a place to take cheap shots.

Some of the guys @ ATS are my friends and would give you the shirt off their backs. I've seen the generosity and hospitality they extend and they are good people. I did some work for Clint about a year ago and he invited me to stay at his house for 1 1/2 weeks while I was working for him. He had never met me, simply went off my reputation as a person and as a reputable contractor. Last time I checked letting a stranger stay in you're house while you're out of town is pretty hospitable.

What you are ignoring is the double standard that was imposed. Clint helped us out quite a bit. I personally liked him and thought ATS represented a quality shop in this industry. I didn't state anything other than a simple fact and spoke nothing negative on ATS at all. Thank you for participating though

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Paint runs 11.8 lol

Scott scott scott. I know this. Thats my whole point. It means nothin also. U dont see many posting 11.8=homo do u? I sure wouldn't cause i like this sport weather it be sled pullin, drag racing, trailer towing ect. And they all look killer to. I love goin to car shows and looking. Dpc is like best of both world, u get to see them move to. :thumb:
Im just giving him a hard time. So many people call it worthless when its still fun to watch, and hear what happened. I guarantee when its goin on everyone that called it pointless still waits to hear what went down and results.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
What you are ignoring is the double standard that was imposed. Clint helped us out quite a bit. I personally liked him and thought ATS represented a quality shop in this industry. I didn't state anything other than a simple fact and spoke nothing negative on ATS at all. Thank you for participating though

At least we got you to give em some credit. So very kind of you.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Scott scott scott. I know this. Thats my whole point. It means nothin also. U dont see many posting 11.8=homo do u? I sure wouldn't cause i like this sport weather it be sled pullin, drag racing, trailer towing ect. And they all look killer to. I love goin to car shows and looking. Dpc is like best of both world, u get to see them move to. :thumb:
Im just giving him a hard time. So many people call it worthless when its still fun to watch, and hear what happened. I guarantee when its goin on everyone that called it pointless still waits to hear what went down and results.

I agree whole heartedly but I dont care who you are 11.8 is a good time and nothing to scoff at or say 11.8 doesn't matter I run 11.6 and its been a long road to get here and I do know theres some left in the truck but to say 11.8 is nothing? I think your on the same page and trying to make a point, maybe I took it wrong.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
At least we got you to give em some credit. So very kind of you.

Tim left the east coast to travel 3/4 of the united states to go to the DPC to represent himself and the D max.Im not gonna ask how much of his own money he spent to compete.a shop to open its doors to a few guys is cool but I take my hat off to guys like Tim the spent 1000s of dollars to get there and compete, break and then have to travl all that way back home.You guys saying its gay? GFY have some respect for the guys competeing i could care less about the magazine.Also respect for those who have competed.Yes some of their test are really bad and should be excluded imo.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
agreed. if i get to go to this I will make no changes to my truck other than the new turbos and injectors ( which have been in the works since before this). I was going to tare my block apart and look at it but its been runing fine for a while now. I can imagine other people will be going over board but i'm pretty much done with my truck... untill something breaks lol

I wont be changing anything that I haven't changed or planned on changing also.

Good Luck Andrew! :thumb:

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
Eric and Andrew, if it is in Denver again let me know if you guys need anything.

Will do Nate thank you.

I heard some guy in WI got in for the Dmax crew and just bought up two blocks from a guy local to me that I dropped some parts off with. Sounds like someone might be crunched for time.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
You guys saying its gay? GFY have some respect for the guys competeing i could care less about the magazine.Also respect for those who have competed.Yes some of their test are really bad and should be excluded imo.

That was my whole point all along. Paint said it was gay. I disagreed and said it means the same as goin 11.8 or 11.6 or 10. In reality it means nothin, same as dpc. Its just fun to see all the stuff goin down and big hp trucks.Other then that i was just giving people a hard time about callin it pointless.
As a whole its just a testimate to how far this sport has come. Almost all make 1000+hp now at dpc.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
That was my whole point all along. Paint said it was gay. I disagreed and said it means the same as goin 11.8 or 11.6 or 10. In reality it means nothin, same as dpc. Its just fun to see all the stuff goin down and big hp trucks.Other then that i was just giving people a hard time about callin it pointless.
As a whole its just a testimate to how far this sport has come. Almost all make 1000+hp now at dpc.
I kind of thought we were on the same page,just wasnt picking up the sarcasim :rofl: