Dorman Stainless Steel Fuel Lines Kit

turbo_bu

Mar 27, 2007
Central IL
Getting ready to re-do my fuel lines and noticed that the Dorman stainless steel kit is only like $40 more than the GM one. Has anyone used / installed the Dorman kit on their truck? How well did it fit / work?

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Can't speak for the fuel lines, but the dorman SS brake lines fit alright. I'd imagine they fit better being shorter runs and flexible sections

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
My 2 gripes about them are that the quick connects fit super tight and need oil lube and a lot of pressure to fully clip in, and the interior Teflon lining is fairly cheap and stiff, so you can still have a kinked line. Other than that, I think they are better than the gm ones and I've installed dozens of sets.

Reactions: Hate2Looz

turbo_bu

Mar 27, 2007
Central IL
Thanks for the replies. I was wondering about the comment of kinked hoses. Are you saying that they are just easier to kink, or that after you installed them they could kink?

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
The factory flexible sections have a hdpe liner and kink all the time. I've actually had some not assembled properly at the factory and I go to put them on and since they are clocked wrong they end up kinked brand new. They are not very flexible. The Dorman lines have a ptfe liner, and while harder to kink because of the stainless braid, they still could kink. That's all. Just keep an eye on them.

Hate2Looz

Jul 31, 2020
Michigan
I put a set of dorman lines on my LBZ. The front section is the worst to get in place but the rest is straight forward. The liner in the dorman flexible sections will link if you’re not careful but can be easily flexed back into shape. The flexible sections on mine, at the engine connection point, are a little too long so it was hard to get them in position, connected and not have and kinks. Other than that, they should out last the rest of the truck.

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
do yourself a favor and change out the rubber lines, i was battling brake issues for years before i was told they swell up from the inside out and cause issues