Don't change "B0205 MAF Flow Rate, Digital" values?

Gone Nomad

On a Time Out
Sep 29, 2011
Below are screen captures of the values in "B0205 MAF Flow Rate, Digital"
for three different 2009-2010 LMMs
Pickup, Kodiak & 3500 Van.

While a lot of the values in other parameters are the same, and many others are different among these three LMMs (but can be changed), I assume the different values in these "B0205 MAF Flow Rate, Digital" tables are because the MAF sensors are different.

As such, I assume these values must not be changed as long as the oem MAF sensors are installed.

Can anybody who knows for sure confirm that?

Thanks!

(BTW, I did search on "B0205" for the answer to this, but came up with almost nothing)

Attachments

• LMM pickup B0205.PNG
    LMM pickup B0205.PNG
    21.1 KB · Views: 17
  • LMM Kodiak B0205.PNG
    LMM Kodiak B0205.PNG
    20.1 KB · Views: 14
  • LMM van B0205.PNG
    LMM van B0205.PNG
    20.6 KB · Views: 13

Gone Nomad

On a Time Out
Sep 29, 2011
Every time I mess with maf tables on lbz/lmm it doesn't work worth a f**k but you wanna decrease the values in digital And raise them In analog.
Just a little FYI: All the optimized near-stock tunes from the "big-name" tuners that I've looked at so far, leave those values unchanged.

I think I'll do the same.

The differences are probably because of variances in the airbox and where the MAF is mounted.
That could well be the case. But I think that whatever the exact difference is, it seems clear it pertains to how the ECM interprets the data coming from the MAF sensor and translates it into an airflow quantity upon which all fuel-related values are based.

Gone Nomad

On a Time Out
Sep 29, 2011
So for big hp tunes (with digital) you wanna zero these numbers out sooner to allow the truck to fuel faster ?
Probably only if you want the ECM to "think" the MAF sensor is flowing zero lbs./min. of air.

For normal tuning, econ, tow, etc type of calibrations, you don't need to change these tables.
Thankyou!

Last edited: