Does LML have coolers?

pavetim

Jan 10, 2011
Havent' taken possession of my 2011 LML Denali yet but was wondering do these trucks have fuel and tranny coolers in them? Just preparing my parts list, I am already planning on a FASS 150 titanium, Ridgerunner tunes, delete emissions.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Probably to save a few million dollars lol. I'm glad the interior is starting to get built a little better.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Injectors barely return fuel and the cp4 dosent. So no need to cool the returned fuel, adding a lift pump won't change a thing. No need for a cooler unless you do a cp3 conversion...

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
I was never aware of you cp3 converted it you needed a cooler? I I'd however crack open my filters on the lift pump an it was pretty darn hot. Is it maybe a good idea to make this a near future add on?

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Well I've been fine for 50k miles or so with my cp3 and fass 150 without a cooler so must not be a have to.. Going through second summer now like this and it gets pretty hot here..

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Big trans cooler and NO fuel cooler. What them do away with the fuel cooler is beyond me.

The trans cooler has 2 extra rows over the LBZ/LMM that are not plumbed and does not do much cooling. The low trans pressure keeps the trans cool in the LML.

As far as the fuel cooler delete on the LML; the extra capacity in the tank ( 36 gal. ) does all the cooling. Still needs a fuel cooler IMHO.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
The trans cooler has 2 extra rows over the LBZ/LMM that are not plumbed and does not do much cooling. The low trans pressure keeps the trans cool in the LML.

As far as the fuel cooler delete on the LML; the extra capacity in the tank ( 36 gal. ) does all the cooling. Still needs a fuel cooler IMHO.

I forgot about the lower line pressure, I know my friends 15 Denali never got over 150 towing my truck to George's.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Agreed. I have seen the plastic melt enough to clog a lift pump on a LML. Granted it wasn't stock.

Oh really? I have a guy that has been finding black material in his filter and been fighting issues with his lml cp3 converted truck. any more info on this?