Do they make a egr delete kit for 04 lb7 duramax

2004duramax3500crewcab

Dmax all the way
Feb 14, 2016
Indiana
So my engine light kept coming on and off I had it scanned st dealer and they said the code was egr stuck open and they done a vacuum test and all and said most Lilly it's sticking open from time to time? My question is I've seen egr delete kits for newer duramax but do they make them for the lb7 and if so what's the benefits of it and would it be best to delete it or just buy a new one and put the new egr on it ??

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
I don't believe LB7's had an EGR system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
What's the 8th digit of your vin number? I guess maybe Cali LB7s may have an EGR.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
So my engine light kept coming on and off I had it scanned st dealer and they said the code was egr stuck open and they done a vacuum test and all and said most Lilly it's sticking open from time to time? My question is I've seen egr delete kits for newer duramax but do they make them for the lb7 and if so what's the benefits of it and would it be best to delete it or just buy a new one and put the new egr on it ??
Profab makes them. Just slide a plate in there and turn it off in the tune then delete the vacuum pump. Or to completely remove it get a cap off plate (or weld the uppipe) , some 5/8 heater hose and a Y bridge. You can use a lly plate too.
I don't believe LB7's had an EGR system

Cali and fleet emissions lb7s did. 02 and on I believe. I don't think any 01 had it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Electro-02gold1ton

Super Dually
Nov 15, 2015
ABQ,NM
Yup 10$ blocker plate from dirty hooker diesel or another website, yank the vacuum pump and delete the EGR codes via EFI and it will be a much happier truck! Or you can go full delete as Awenta described above with the welded up pipe/ or fed up pipe, y bridge, and 5' of heater hose.

Electro-02gold1ton

Super Dually
Nov 15, 2015
ABQ,NM
I couldn't even core my heads when I built the motor, so I chose a set of SoCal Stg 1:thumb: The benefits of getting rid of it would be no more Unburnt fuel going threw you intake for a second burn, I think that keeps engine parts happier imo. The con is it cost $ either way you go, whether you fix the valve or do away with it all. I put a blocked plate in, deleted the vacuum pump and got rid of the codes. It's done until I put in the fed y bridge and a new up pipe. Truck runs great no CEL.

a3rdegree

a3rdegree
Mar 13, 2016
Cairo, georgia
Does anyone know if you delete the egr and intake heater but don't have efi yet to turn off the codes . Will it still run well and just have codes or should it all be done at once. I just bought the truck and I'm changing head gaskets and realized it was a California edition way over here in Tennessee. :-/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

a3rdegree

a3rdegree
Mar 13, 2016
Cairo, georgia
I'm currently blocking mine too. Wish I had the money to switch it all to fed while I have the engine it for new head gaskets.

LB7 2002 sierra 2500hd extended cab long bed. wicked wheel 2. intake horn mod. 3" down pipe. Arp head studs. ppe boost increase valve.