Disappointed in Nitto Terra Grapplers

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Ok I only have maybe 20 miles on them, but there dry traction sucks. I went from my narrow ass 255 BFG MTs to there 285 ATs. I really though my truck would hook up a bit better. I went out for a test drive to check the speed O. My MTs would spin into to 3rd with my current tune. On my first WOT run they spun, but man my truck didn't seem to be pulling very hard until almost 5th. I was thinking it was the fuel pressure dropping off. So I give it another go and this time the rear end stated to drift out on me in 4th. So great now not only do they cost more, my mileage going to drop, and I'm slower because they they weight 20lbs more, but my traction sucks too. Oh and now I have girly ATs on my truck, but the wheels look good.

Oh well live an learn and maybe they will get better.

I was going to tryout there MTs after I wear these out, but maybe not now.

I only got the tires because I got them off CL. I got 2 new tires, 2 barely used tires and wheels for a little less then the price of 4 new tires.

jheyob

Jan 30, 2009
Okeana OH/West Lafayette IN
I hate mine too

X2

Bought these and my rims new, swapped them on the truck inside my boss' shop, then I back the truck outside onto a packed patch of snow that my old worn pro comp xtreme at's had no problem moving around on, locked the shop up, got back in the truck and put it in reverse expecting the truck to move...it just sat there and spun....garbage...

Put them up on CL with not even 30 miles on them, I want a set of zeon's :mad:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
X2

Bought these and my rims new, swapped them on the truck inside my boss' shop, then I back the truck outside onto a packed patch of snow that my old worn pro comp xtreme at's had no problem moving around on, locked the shop up, got back in the truck and put it in reverse expecting the truck to move...it just sat there and spun....garbage...

Put them up on CL with not even 30 miles on them, I want a set of zeon's :mad:

I got zeons on mine. Hook decent on everthing but asphalt lol :D

bean

Feb 5, 2011
Norwalk
I have the nitto trail grapplers and i love them...there good on and off road, i never cared to much for the terra grapplers...:thumb:

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
my dodge ran a 10.90- 11.00 on 305 55 20 terra grapplers with about 29lbs them, they would spin a little bit but they are ATs so i didnt expect them to hook like slicks....

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
got toyo proxess STs on the d-max this truck makes 400 hp less than the dodge, they spin pretty bad...

2005DMaxCCSB

Sep 17, 2010
Wow I am in the market for tires and doing research, I have found that most people are happy with Terra Grapplers. Interesting several on here dont like them

ChevyTruckGuy78

Twins done Now for trans
Feb 7, 2010
Ct.
i have been searching too for somethign good and soo hard to really get a general concenses on any 1 tire i have the duratracs and there awsome for hookin up but treadwear sux but that was with a single now i got twins so i gotta figure out what to do to get off the line with a decent tire and not spin yet not wear out in 10k

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I like mine, on my second set right now. Seem like the handle well and are quiet. Also wear well if you keep rotating. I don't think many tires will hook well if you mash the throttle with a big tune.

JMDuramaxLB7

YOU SAID MEMBER!!!
Jun 3, 2007
Missouri
I love mine, ive had two sets and got 58k out of the first set. I think they are awesome in the snow I will admit that i can spin them fairly easy though but i have never had any tire hook very well on the street.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
I am not going to lie they suck for traction. Mine are 305/55/20 and my old worn pass safe set of Pirelli Scorpion Stock size were much better in the dry and wet.

I will not be buying them ever again.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Ya it is hard to get a good consensus on any tire. I too though they where a good tire from what I have read, but I'm not impressed yet. Maybe I was expecting to much and haven't given them a fair shake down yet. I also Siped my MTs so they did probably have better traction then normal. They don't seem to be as loud as my MTs, but humming don't bother me unless your running real MTs like Boggers.

2005DMaxCCSB

Sep 17, 2010
I just got a set of 285/70/17E Terra grapplers to go on my new H2 wheels

So far I really like them.. I cannot believe how much better they ride than the 265/75/16C:mad: Kumhosthe prior owner had on them....

I think they were overloaded with just the trucks weight, not to mention when I tow or haul with it.

Last edited: