difficulty shifting into D and M ?

taybrynn

Oct 15, 2014
06 3005 LBZ DRW ... was real cold recently, like subzero nights ... but had a hard time putting it into "D" yesterday in around 20 deg F ... "M" seemed even more difficult to go into.

I didn't get that firm click going into D ... but eventually drove off since I was in a hurry. About a mile later, it popped out of D into N ... first time ever ... and I was able to get it into D with a firm click ... and all was good.

Is this normal, or anything to be concerned with. I don't drive in M much, but it seemed difficult to go into M also, but was able to. There is somethink past M that I can't get the shifting column to go into at all, but don't need it.

ANy comments appreciated. Truck has had no issues ever with this or like this. Mostly a daily driver but also tow a 39' 5th wheel with it and it does great.

THanks,
Scott

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
06 3005 LBZ DRW ... was real cold recently, like subzero nights ... but had a hard time putting it into "D" yesterday in around 20 deg F ... "M" seemed even more difficult to go into.

I didn't get that firm click going into D ... but eventually drove off since I was in a hurry. About a mile later, it popped out of D into N ... first time ever ... and I was able to get it into D with a firm click ... and all was good.

Is this normal, or anything to be concerned with. I don't drive in M much, but it seemed difficult to go into M also, but was able to. There is somethink past M that I can't get the shifting column to go into at all, but don't need it.

ANy comments appreciated. Truck has had no issues ever with this or like this. Mostly a daily driver but also tow a 39' 5th wheel with it and it does great.

THanks,
Scott

Check your cable at the trans for icing or some other debris that may be jamming the linkage.