LB7: Died on the road and won't fire?!

Jules1525

Jun 15, 2016
I'm looking at a launch one from amazon, as soon as my clients pay up I'll be ordering it in. None of the stores or shops in my area rent, I've even tried begging. A friend whose a mobile mechanic has a snap on that found and reset a lost communication code in the winter but it didn't seem to cause issues and I thought it was likely due to the batteries going dead from sitting.

Even if the pressure is low shouldn't it at least cough with wd40?

02 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 ECSB LB7
99 Silverado 1500 ECLB 5.3L
02 Silverado 1500HD CCSB 6.0L

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
If the fuel pressure is low, the ECU won't fire the injectors, and that is what would light off the WD-40. So no, it won't cough with WD-40 if there isn't enough rail pressure.

These engines are really really hard to diagnose without a scan tool, and fairly easy with a good one. At this point, I'm afraid you need to get one, or find someone nearby with one who can come help.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Jules1525

Jun 15, 2016
No, even with the either it just sped up the crank. Mind you, it was only about a one second spray in the filter.. I know it's bad to use it so was hoping it would just give it a nudge.

I'm really thinking electrical problems of some sort. I had a strange cruise thing almost like in a gasser when they chug and my engine light has never come on even with the glow plug code set. Conditions are perfect fuel wise for it to be running and it was running better than ever before until it shut off. Even then, no check engine light and on the side of the road no new codes.

Not the first time I've found problems on this old girl while fixing something else. At least the lines are good now

02 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 ECSB LB7
99 Silverado 1500 ECLB 5.3L
02 Silverado 1500HD CCSB 6.0L