LB7: did something stupid. again!!! need help please

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
Doing a set of four injectors on 1 bank of a cali emissions lb7. Did the injectors all went well. Fired it up ran perfect so as I always do just while it warmed up threw the pass side ic tube on. When I did it touched these rigged up batt disconnect on the hot side and sparked on the aluminum coolant tube from the heater core. Truck shut down immediately and started throwing class 2 data link errors loss communication with about all the modules but the gpcm. What did I do??? Help

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
Swapped ecu. Swapped tcm. I guess I'll try the ficm next luckily I had all this shit. It's showing communication with door switch module ecu about everything module wise

Dmax87

Dec 3, 2013
Did the exact same thing once, check your mega fuse, I blew that and a couple weeks later I had a glow plug relay stay in the on position killing my batteries. Guessing the voltage spike trashed the relay as well.

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
Ficm. Apparently when it made contact with the aluminum coolant line it shorted the fficm. Those don't really have the long fuses like the lmms. Had no blown fuses period. Kinda weird