Diamond Eye exhaust

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
So i have put on quite a few MBRP systems in the past and I just got my diamond eye system I got it because it was on sale and cheap.

Overall the system looks very good and sounds amazing with the muffler delete, but the install was crap, parts fit pretty miserable and had to do alot of cutting which is fine, but it used alot of clamps and hagers on the MBRP systems the seems are arranged at the hanger locations this system there clamps holding the the seems and other just for hangers. is this typical or was I just being a retard??

Im going to go through and weld it all to get rid of the hangers but it just seems od that MBRP has fit so much better for me.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
I dropped Diamond Eye for that very reason, pita to install and rusted out quickly. Also had poor luck with MBRP P-Series rotting and breaking off at the hangers and turbo flange.

Have since switched to FloPro and not a single issue install or durability wise. Nicer welded hangers and the nicer band style clamps for maybe $30 more than DE or MBRP.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I have never done a flow pro just several MBRP alumninum and stainless systems all went smooth as cake but this install was disapointing. Of course my pops and his friends were around, and I assured them it would take 30-45 min 2.5 hours later I had it all tighened up finally it was just disheartening

btfarm

you know
Nov 25, 2010
Sandwich, Illinois
I've got the 4" stainless DE w/muffler and it was a 2 man struggle to get it lined up the way I want it. Not even close to a 1 hr job... 3 IIRC. I thought it should have been better designed but I like it after the fact.

mreeves23

Big Hog Customs, LLC
Sep 15, 2011
Poseyville, IN
That is extremely surprising info to me! I have sold and installed several MBRP and Diamond Eye kits over the years. Very happy with both kits. Never any fitment issues with Diamond Eye other than their dual kits. I highly prefer the fitment of the drivers side tailpipe on the MBRP cool duals compared to the diamond eye duals. However, the rest of the Diamond Eye kits I have been extremely happy with. I sell and install more MBRP and Diamond Eye than Magnaflow or any other brand.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I've got exhaust leaks... The clamps worked loose so I crawled back under with the impact and the clamps just started to buckle POS. Gonna start welding tomorrow

mreeves23

Big Hog Customs, LLC
Sep 15, 2011
Poseyville, IN
I've got exhaust leaks... The clamps worked loose so I crawled back under with the impact and the clamps just started to buckle POS. Gonna start welding tomorrow

Very very surprising. I have never had one issue like any of these with any DE kit I have installed. Like I said the dual kit took some time getting the drivers side tail pipe fitting how I liked it but that has been it. It takes times on the MBRP duals too, but I'm very anal about how things fit and look.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
While I did find the clamp on hangers a little cheesy it does allow for a more fine tuned fit, my 4" DE exhaust fit perfect. It didn't take all that long to install, start(taking off stock) to finish was probably an hour and a half to two hours, I left everything loose, then went back and started tightening everything from the downpipe back. There were a couple spots that had small leaks, some minor adjusting and some extra tightening (gorilla tight, lol) and its been fine for two years, no complaints, it was a great price and sounds killer, although, it does get pretty loud when towing up hills, and that's also the only time when it has interior resonance, aka drone. I would recommend DE exhaust to anyone based off my experience, sorry to hear yours wasn't so great...

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Wow, I can't believe how many people have had a bad experience with DE product, I admit, it's not the most awesome, but would not have expected this kind of feedback...

Anyone run silverline?

If I ever did replace my DE, I would either go with MBRP or silverline...

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I've installed a few DE systems that fit so shitty I had to cut and reweld hangers and cut down pipe to get them to fit, I even had a kit that was 3" to short between the front pipe and muffler...I will never install another DE system as long as I live.

My own MBRP fit super amazing and is holding up very well but I've heard even better things about magnaflow and they are just a tad cheaper so when I go from 4" to 5" that's what I'm going with.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I've installed a few DE systems that fit so shitty I had to cut and reweld hangers and cut down pipe to get them to fit, I even had a kit that was 3" to short between the front pipe and muffler...I will never install another DE system as long as I live.

My own MBRP fit super amazing and is holding up very well but I've heard even better things about magna flow and they are just a tad cheaper so when I go from 4" to 5" that's what I'm going with.
:spit::eek::eek:

Aren't the magnaflow mufflers pretty loud? Do you know if the diesel mufflers are packed with fiberfill/fiberglass?

Last edited:

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I live 20 miles from where DE is made. I would like to support them more but their stuff just doesnt fit that good.