Delete MBRP Muffler

js05sierrahd

May 25, 2010
Highland Lakes, NJ
I know you guys a a little more performance oriented over here compared to the other DMAX forums so I probably have a silly question...:roflmao:

I have a CCSB and an MBRP 409 stainless turbo back single setup w/ muffler. I was toying around with ditching the muffler. Should I just spend the $50-60 on a stainless delete pipe or use the leftover extension pipe that came w/ my kit (I assume for the long bed config) and an 18" piece of 4" flex? I can pick up stainless flex & clamps locally for about $30 and I know thats not a huge savings but considering I just picked up an Insight CTS & EGT probe every $ counts.

Do you think the flex will effect the sound? How obnoxious will it be mufflerless compared to how it is now?

Any thoughts are appreciated??

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
just use your left over pipe that came with the kit if you wana save some money. i have 4in stright pipe turbo back and it isnt very loud i like the way it sounds.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Only problem I have ever had with a straight pipe on my old LBZ or on my current LML is the hiss from the exhaust at full throttle runs. I am considering a muffler

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Aftermarket downpipe will quiet the screech on vnt trucks at WOT, EFI tuning can get rid of the hiss at idle.