LBZ: Defueling on Lbz

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
My .02 in tuning lbz/lmm shift defueling... Does a truck from the GM lot defuel nasty? Negative... So if it doesnt defuel nasty off the lot, then once tuned it does defuel nasty, then i would start back tracking what made it shift bad in the first place. IMO, the shift defuel on these trucks does not need to be tuned.:angel:

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
My .02 in tuning lbz/lmm shift defueling... Does a truck from the GM lot defuel nasty? Negative... So if it doesnt defuel nasty off the lot, then once tuned it does defuel nasty, then i would start back tracking what made it shift bad in the first place. IMO, the shift defuel on these trucks does not need to be tuned.:angel:

Exactly the answer I was looking for thanks kory. Thank you!!

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Less defuel wont make it shift harder.. Many times it ends up aggravating a problem. I find that factory defuel is plenty quick enough, the trans doesnt have to learn as much, and shift quality is better than those i have rode in that try to fix it. The allison makes shifts by calculated torque, tp, vss, and rpm... It has to be happy with all 4 conditions to make a nice shift. From the factory they do great and in my experience has no gain when being altered besides flares ect. Many folks will say they have "fixed" defuels ect. on the lbz/lmm, but IMO there is no "fix" when they shift great from the factory... Just my .02:D

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Less defuel wont make it shift harder.. Many times it ends up aggravating a problem. I find that factory defuel is plenty quick enough, the trans doesnt have to learn as much, and shift quality is better than those i have rode in that try to fix it. The allison makes shifts by calculated torque, tp, vss, and rpm... It has to be happy with all 4 conditions to make a nice shift. From the factory they do great and in my experience has no gain when being altered besides flares ect. Many folks will say they have "fixed" defuels ect. on the lbz/lmm, but IMO there is no "fix" when they shift great from the factory... Just my .02:D

so what about lb7/lly 5 speeds ? stock defuel makes mine hang right now (of course it could be a hard part issue new trans internals going in wednesday to rule that out) it dds better with stock defuel but wot sucks at least for me???

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Put a bone stock tune in jake... See if it does dumb stuff stock.. If so then you know u have a hard parts issue... If it doesn't, start bringing in uS and timing in gradually. Do not touch any other tables (yes I know other will need to be modified) this will limit you roughly to 79.7 mm3 so make your truck have whatever uS you want at that mm3 and go from there. This will be a decent diagnosis.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Put a bone stock tune in jake... See if it does dumb stuff stock.. If so then you know u have a hard parts issue... If it doesn't, start bringing in uS and timing in gradually. Do not touch any other tables (yes I know other will need to be modified) this will limit you roughly to 79.7 mm3 so make your truck have whatever uS you want at that mm3 and go from there. This will be a decent diagnosis.

I thought on a lly and lb7 its different? I know on my tunes the big one is no defuel, then 150 is a little defuel.