DEF tank heater bypass ????

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
2015 LML, 185k 9,100 hours, company truck just had back NOx sensor changed now I'm in limp mode again with the Tank heater, quickest I can get a 100w 2.2 ohm resistor is Tuesday and I've got two on the way. I've done a lot of reading about light bulbs instead but cant get a clear answer on what specific one or ones I need to put in place of the heater, I need the truck, it's been down 3 days and I've been hauling with my wife's half ton, and it isn't a pull truck lol, it did ok for the small stuff at work but it's not a work truck, if anyone knows what I need please let me know

kaylabryn

May 18, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Yes Wattage will matter. The wattage in Resistors is its ability to dissipate heat. I would assume in this case the circuit will be looking for a minimum current draw to satisfy itself :p (Current multiplied by Voltage equals wattage). Being you are looking at using 2 in parallel you would be looking at 50w bulbs each drawing around 4amps of current (sounds more like headlight territory).

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Ok, so I cut the plug off the DEF heater and spiced in, ran wires up to the engine bay and spliced in two 55w headlights, and they come on but mechanic says he don't think it's working, guess he's having trouble getting code to clear, any ideas?