LML Def delete

Whiteghost17

Feb 14, 2019
Michigan
Having a problem with my def system have a efi live tune in my LML started to show a service emission system code now cleared it a couple of times before. My question is anyone out there with a def delete tune it's for off road use only . Plan on putting a down pipe n 5 in exhaust system on it in very near future all help is greatly appreciated

Last edited:

06gmc

Loud and Heavy
Jun 24, 2017
SWMO
It is best to keep all emissions equipment attached to the truck per EPA standards :thumb:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
We really dont discuss the topic around the site. Some of our friends got burned by the EPA b/c of it.

As it is, you cant run a delete tune with the parts still there, just the same as you cant run a stock tune with the parts removed. I suspect you're running the wrong tune for what parts you have/have not. ;)

Whiteghost17

Feb 14, 2019
Michigan
TheBac thank u sir I understand totally, I live in Michigan and we don't have check stations here just getting tired of the def crap our semi 's are in the shop for regeneration all the time injection nozzle . So I just purchased a downpipe and 5 in exhaust system for my 2012 Silverado 2500. I have a EFI Live program in it as well . Really beating me up with this 95 % of my mileage is highway driving about 130 miles per day . Very little city driving.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Completely understand on commercial applications....its just stupid. I used to drive a 6.7 Cummins powered truck at work that would regen every 50 miles. It just sucked.

Scarface39

Oct 6, 2016
New Mexico
Just find a local tuner, someone locally will more than likely be willing to help out!! Since it is for off-road use only I don’t see a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk