Deaver Leaf Group buy - feeler thread.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Ok guys and gals.

Been in chats with Deaver springs. They are open to a group buy but we need a minimum of 12 sets.

This will be for STOCK HEIGHT VEHICLES, or you can use them with lift blocks as normal. In the group buy we cannot mix the shipment, so their 4"+offerings are not part of this group buy. Again, stock height springs only.

These springs are $750 when purchased as an individual.
$620 shipped to a central buyer is the price we are working with at this point. If we get more than 12 we may get a better price break but as of now lets hope for 12. The person who receives the springs must be a business that can accept freight deliveries. I can do this, or we can select the person who lies in the middle of the group geographically and have them ship out to us each. For the record, I am in MA.

If you are interested, and have payment ready and won't back out and screw it up for the rest of us, please post IN. If you have additional questions, please keep it organized in this thread so I can count easy.

Deaver will accept individual payments. ETA on shipping in 10-14 weeks.

Spread the word!

FYI this is cross posted over on duramaxforum.

Attachments

• Selection_020.png
    Selection_020.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 36

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
So what is the advantage of these over stock? More load capacity, better ride? Because I'm looking at doing an add-a-leaf to increase my rear pack capacity, what would these offer over that?

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Firstly, a handmade american product vs lesser quality steel for OEMs.

Multiple thinner leafs, rather than 4/1 from the factory, and a progressive spring rate. Military wrapped ends, good quality bushings, poly friction pads.

I haven;t used them so I can;t say definitively, but they are supposed to increase rear axle articulation, ride comfort, rebound and cycling as well as significantly reduce axle wrap. Those are the claims at least.

Progressive packs are great when done right and don't reduce workability. Im told these will keep all stock capacities. The benefits are basically much more fine movement of the suspension in order to reduce the overall jarring, while maintaining a "firmer grip" on the axle which should help with handling and that planted feeling.

FOr me, I need new leaves anyways. For a couple hundred beans I figured it was worth the upgrade cost over stock. Who really knows though? Not I

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
im assuming if i specify a certain spring rate, it will no long apply to the group buy as well? i am not concerned with load capacity, id like a spring rate set up to the current weight of the truck.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
10-14 weeks is a long wait, most people would just spend the money to have it shipped within a week. FYI I have 6" deavers and they do ride better than stock but they don't tow better than my stock springs. They sag alot on heavy loads. Unless you have them set up for a higher carrying capacity but it'll definitely be a stiffer ride. Keep in mind, it'll weigh a ton more than stock, even my 6" deavers weight a crap load more than stock springs.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
If only I didn't have to press new Caltrac bushings in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
well thats a thread ender if ever there was one

Nah, not meant to end your thread. Just saying you will have better luck dealing with a dealer that can most likely get you a single set at the price you posted. These group buy posts never go far with high priced items, but work on cheaper stuff. Dealers usually buy/sell product cheaper than if you were to go company direct, it's just the way the game works with most manufactures.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
roger. Here i was thinking it was the higher priced items haha. no sweat though and you're probly right. ill look around.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You did realize that Russ was probably talking about you calling him for that deal, right? :roflmao:

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Yeah of course lol. But it's better than having a freight truck get stuck in the delivery area. 10 weeks it could be like the North Pole and it's a helluva time for them in the summer. Rather have the ups guy drop em off with a bone for the pooch