Danville built motor

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Is anyone running Danville stage 2 street motor? Looking to get my motor built shortly. I want 1000hp for a daily driving. Didn't know if there is anything else I should have done while its out that doesn't come in that package deal. 20k is a lot of money to have to worry about anything at all. Any insight is appreciated!

bonomax

Dec 27, 2011
Hermitage, PA
what exactly is a danville stage 2 street motor? I think that might better help answer your question. I do know danville does great work and mark knows his shit, so either way I would trust what mark says.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Stg2 Built Engine list

Here you guys go, this is the itemized break down on what is included in it and you can remove stuff you do or don't want. We do them a certain way because of what we have seen over the years and we know what works to stay as reliable as possible when making power!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 247

Shime

May 21, 2013
I running a Danville built motor! Very similar to the stage ll. Block is not o-ringed and is internally balanced. I'm just shy of a 1000hp. Very please with it. Could not say a bad word about anyone at Danville!! Maybe one... It all started with a turbo and tuning and now built motor, twins,trans,etc!!! Larry's a great guy and Mark my brother from another mother is the only person who will ever tune my truck!:thumb:

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
I feel the same lol. Trying to figure everything out as I'll be swapping converters and adding billet shafts. Twin kit injectors and the list keeps going. What's o ringing the block consist of and is it just for high boost applications?

Shime

May 21, 2013
As I understand it is for high boost. I would have had it done, but we had my short block done around the time they(Danville) started to do it. I have had good luck so far and have not lifted a head. If I went to triples, then it might be a problem. I would do o-rings! The price is a tuff pill to swallow, worth every penny when you hammer on it for the first, second, third........time!

roxyfever

Feb 11, 2016
terrell tx
I running a Danville built motor! Very similar to the stage ll. Block is not o-ringed and is internally balanced. I'm just shy of a 1000hp. Very please with it. Could not say a bad word about anyone at Danville!! Maybe one... It all started with a turbo and tuning and now built motor, twins,trans,etc!!! Larry's a great guy and Mark my brother from another mother is the only person who will ever tune my truck!:thumb:

How many miles do you have on your motor?

Shime

May 21, 2013
It not a DD. I would say 1000, very hard miles!! Multiple 1/8 and 1/4 miles passes.:woott:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
1000hp daily driver will not be reliable.

The build sheet on this motor is very similar to what I have in my truck and mine has been great. That being said I don't "daily drive" at 1000hp. If you beat anything like that constantly, you will find a weak point but I wouldn't hesitate to run a motor from the guys down at Danville.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
The Stg2 motor is same that is in mine minus heads and orings and Brett's original motor was the same but Stg1 Socal heads without orings. We went to orings because twins or high hp levels cause the cheaper studs and gaskets to move around and leak boost into the cooling system. Can you do it without, sure can and many do but I don't like to take the risk anymore. Guys like Kyle Harbin, Mike M., myself, and more had headgasket issues when they got into the twins at higher hp levels. I would rather build it for more than you need then not have enough for what you are going to do to it, cheaper in the long run to do it right the first time!:thumb:
Thanks for the kind words guys, I do my very best to take care of my guys!