Danville 72 First Impressions

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
After a few weeks of waiting on various parts and 2 weeks of honeymoon, I was finally able to pick my truck up last night. Let me tell you it was worth the wait. With Mark's tuning and this new 72, the truck lights almost instantly, EGTs climb slower and peak lower, and the power is noticeably increased. I only have about 30 miles on the truck but couldn't be happier. I am only seeing 40psi of boost but I have ported heads and all my charge pipes and intercooler are larger than stock which could be the reason. I'm going to talk to mark and possibly send him a few logs but for a first shot at tuning the truck, it is one hell of a ride!!!! Now that I've seen the fuel these 60s will provide with proper tuning, I think I need to start looking into an HSP 483 twin kit.....

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
After a few weeks of waiting on various parts and 2 weeks of honeymoon, I was finally able to pick my truck up last night. Let me tell you it was worth the wait. With Mark's tuning and this new 72, the truck lights almost instantly, EGTs climb slower and peak lower, and the power is noticeably increased. I only have about 30 miles on the truck but couldn't be happier. I am only seeing 40psi of boost but I have ported heads and all my charge pipes and intercooler are larger than stock which could be the reason. I'm going to talk to mark and possibly send him a few logs but for a first shot at tuning the truck, it is one hell of a ride!!!! Now that I've seen the fuel these 60s will provide with proper tuning, I think I need to start looking into an HSP 483 twin kit.....

took the words right out of my mouth :hug: :thumb:

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
My only concern is that once I have that type of power on tap all the time, the life expectancy of every part on the truck will be in question.

That's all dependent of the right foot. Just cuz you add twins doesn't put a death wish on the motor :)

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas

I saw 40-44# as a single on my truck.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Maybe HSP will come aboard and sponsor my truck :hug: I would be a great advocate in the developing New England market!

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
My right foot is heavy. And I lack self control to keep the hot tunes for the track. Thats what scares me lol

If this is the case detune the (future) twins and only load a single tune (No DSP5) in the truck, that way the motor should last at least a week, :hug:

or trade it in on a smart car! << ( on second thought that is not a viable option)

:D

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
If this is the case detune the (future) twins and only load a single tune (No DSP5) in the truck, that way the motor should last at least a week, :hug:
To be honest I think the motor would take it. Maybe not forever but I think it would last a long time around the 800hp mark. What concerns me more would be the drivetrain once I got closer to the 1khp area.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Sounds like you have a good motor. I dont run mine up unless im racing so it stays turned down. Even then its quick enough.