Cyclo Dual Head Polisher

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
I think you should look at the new orbital called the flex. This is the next purchase for my detailing business. I have heard nothing but good things for hte cyclo though except its wheight. Everything else about it is awesome though. I have not used the flex but had a chance to see the flex and it feels really stout and the motor is really strong. Do some reading in the link and im sure it may be a contender for you.
http://autogeek.net/flex-orbital-polisher.html

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
I also use my makita rotary for compounding and polishing as well. I was not about to recomend a rotary to a weekend detailer though. There is a big Learning curve with them. Dual actions like the flex, Porter cable and Cyclo are great learning tool and work really well for most weekend detailer kind of guys. As DetailsUnlimited said the PC is a little weak for polishing but is great for applying waxes and sealants.

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
I also use my makita rotary for compounding and polishing as well. I was not about to recomend a rotary to a weekend detailer though. There is a big Learning curve with them. Dual actions like the flex, Porter cable and Cyclo are great learning tool and work really well for most weekend detailer kind of guys. As DetailsUnlimited said the PC is a little weak for polishing but is great for applying waxes and sealants.

Exactly unless you have three days to polish your truck the PC isn't really good for polishing it takes forever!

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
What kinda products do you guys use? I typically use the Meguiars M105/M205 combo when i wanna remove defects and top with Klasse glaze and sealant or Pinnacle Souvern

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
I've got an Airstream to do. Probably going to start with mothers then go back over it with rolite aircraft polish.
Of course that's after I strip the plasti-cote off