CV axle spacers

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Anyone know where I can buy a set? Im leaning towards 1/2? or even 3/4" not sure. I broke my passenger side CV turning left at 5mph. max'd out the travel of the splines, and pulled the boot off. Being lowered sucks for CV's...:rofl:

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Maybe look at lift kits that use CV spacers and see if you can get them seperately?

Edit: Looks like Rough Country and Tuff Country use them, I'm sure there's more.

Last edited:

Duramax4x4

Apr 6, 2010
wi
Man not to get off subject but how do you turn with the big wheels and that thing being so low? man, i love it. awsome truck. unfortunitly i could never be that low in this wisconsin weather.. :thumb:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I thinks thats the reason DJM has you use there lower arms with the front drop.
DJM makes you do that so your lower ball joint is straight, and pulls the bottom of the spindle back in so you don't have negative camber. With spindles you can use the factory control arms, still get the amount of drop and still have the ball joints straight. Many people have the 2" spindles and have 4wd. I did notice that I had to pull the CV out of the spindles more than normal to bolt them to my diff.

who lowers a 4wd, seriously... :rofl:

They send em with lift kits... call rough country

Will do, thanks, I dont need a huge spacer either, i'll talk to nor cal nick for sure.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Man not to get off subject but how do you turn with the big wheels and that thing being so low? man, i love it. awsome truck. unfortunitly i could never be that low in this wisconsin weather.. :thumb:

Just keep the truck rolling and it turns fine. stopped it barely turns. Typical crappy chevy power steering pumps.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I can measure my tuff country spacers. They are maybe 1/4" thick. Definately not half though. Depending on what they cost you may be better off just having them cut locally to whatever thickness you want. Should definately be under $100.

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
could you fit 22s with that drop kit? and how well do you think it will do drag racing?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Hey this is OT but what is the specs on your HTT is it 71/66/13 I can not find a 13 only the 71/66/14 if you want a 13 only find a 73/71/13
its their standard kit, 66/71/14

could you fit 22s with that drop kit? and how well do you think it will do drag racing?

im sure you could but my rims are 20x10 with a 5" BS. so not really made for a lowered truck. I'll find out how it does are the AZ races in march. havent raced in over a year

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
its their standard kit, 66/71/14

im sure you could but my rims are 20x10 with a 5" BS. so not really made for a lowered truck. I'll find out how it does are the AZ races in march. havent raced in over a year

you mean this upcoming friday. ;) :D

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
what bs would you run? i am pry gonna drop my truck but will be running 22s, our trucks look alot alike but yours is much lower and it has a motor :mad:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
what bs would you run? i am pry gonna drop my truck but will be running 22s, our trucks look alot alike but yours is much lower and it has a motor :mad:

I just heard your motor is at Johns and heading to Cunninghams to get machine work done thought it was going back to Donnys. Did not know you were going to sell it to John at first then did not.Time to get it running again.

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
I just heard your motor is at Johns and heading to Cunninghams to get machine work done thought it was going back to Donnys. Did not know you were going to sell it to John at first then did not.Time to get it running again.

it was gonna go there but i couldnt get ahold of him although i didnt leave him a voicemail,(pry should have) and john called and said his turn around was pretty quick, never said i was gonna sell it to him he asked me if he wanted to trade him for a running lly motor but i didnt want to.