Custom Grill anyone

hdrolling

Freedom Defender
May 11, 2011
Fayetteville, NC
Hdrolling that's pretty damn close, I'm gona give that a try for sure thanks a lot for finding that

Just throwing out ideas since there doesn't seem to be a market for your year.
I love the way it looks on mine and get lots of compliments so I feel for you not finding one as easy as I was able to for so cheap, and mine came with a black surround.

Hell, make a few sets of these and start selling them for $500-$600 a piece. I'm sure your not the only one looking for these, and it beats paying for the $1000 style that's out there!

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
Just throwing out ideas since there doesn't seem to be a market for your year.
I love the way it looks on mine and get lots of compliments so I feel for you not finding one as easy as I was able to for so cheap, and mine came with a black surround.

Hell, make a few sets of these and start selling them for $500-$600 a piece. I'm sure your not the only one looking for these, and it beats paying for the $1000 style that's out there!
+1

I say go with it and try to modify it to the way you want it to look, put together a list of things you used, do some math, and it may just be worth a business venture. Could be an ok side income.

*shrug*

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oct 12, 2012
Coatesville PA
That's funny I was actually just talking to my uncle about it, he's a certified welding instructor or master welder of some sort, not really my thing, was saying we're gona moc up a prototype piece and start a little business. If all goes well of course by at least I'll have one lol. Thanks for the help guys

MechanicalReign

Mar 8, 2012
Ohio
My brother inlaw and i both have an 01 chevy. We think he used an 06 grill and put the ends inbetween are headlights on it. And an mesh grill kit for the 06. Has to be the thin border 06 grill. Cost only 250 to build. Are theory on what he did. I really want to try this but havnt had extra money yet

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Here I thought this thread was going to be about cooking outside on the deck. I am so disappointed.

RBP -- my goodness, their parts are overpriced. Why buy from them?

Brandonfd20

Sep 9, 2015
Ive been considering building my own by using an 06 mesh grill..they look to be close. Theres a place on Facebook called HT performance that sells them for $375 for the 01-02 hd trucks

Oct 12, 2012
Coatesville PA
Brandofd20 I FB messaged him(Caleb) a few times and got nothing In Return that's why I figured I'd venture out. We're doing mock up next week I'll be sure to post it up and will most likely be selling them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk