LB7: Cup came out with injector..........

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
white smoke would mean coolant or oil are you loosing any coolant? but could possibly be an incredible amount of fuel being injected

Last edited:

nick1camper

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Iowa
thats what i would think it would do but who knows what did the smoke smell like did it have a sweet smell?

Actually, no. It smelled like unburnt diesel i guess. Not sure what that smells like. Ha.
Seems like with that much compression it would blow back in the cooling system rather than come into the cylinder though.....

Here's another little problem. The PCM keeps kicking the Tech 2 out while we are testing each injector. What could possibly be causing that? We get through the first 3-4 injectors, then it kicks it out with an ERROR code. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it lets us test all 8 injs. What a deal, huh.

nick1camper

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Iowa
I have to say that you have a nice little gremlin im not sure as to what else to say or where to begin to help you at :confused:

I hear you. It's just the way my luck goes. And to think, I could have bought a cummins....... NOT!
I guess it's back to square one. Wiring, check the oil, go from there. Do you think re-flashing the PCM could help?

nick1camper

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Iowa
I have to say that you have a nice little gremlin im not sure as to what else to say or where to begin to help you at :confused:

By the way, thanks for the help. It's nice to have someone with experiance to talk to instead of just swinging for the fences. Ha. I'm going to be bald yet by the time this thing runs right again! :eek:

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
ill see if i can find out some information to help you

you can try reflashing the truck but i dont think that would make any difference at all.

nick1camper

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Iowa
ill see if i can find out some information to help you

you can try reflashing the truck but i dont think that would make any difference at all.

Thanks! Keep me posted. We're gonna dig into it tonight and see if there is anything we may have overlooked. I REALLY don't want to tear it down again... :please: