LB7: Cup came out with injector..........

nick1camper

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Iowa
Will this hurt anything? Should I replace the o-rings before I reinstall the cup? I was hoping they would not come out with the injectors.....No such luck!

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I put loctite around the bottom of the cup where the cup sits in the head and I just use vasoline on the o-rings. Make sure the inside of the head is clean

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
a good way to clean the inside of the head is with a shot gun cleaning kit the tool it comes with to hold the towel works really good for cups.

make sure the surfaces of both the head and cup are cleaned with some sort of solvent to remove any oil residue and coolant residue

also i would reccomend not starting the truck and filling it with coolant for atleast 24 hrs to make sure that the locktight cured properly. locktight is the only thing that is keeping the cylinder pressure from entering the waterjacket in the motor.

good luck

nick1camper

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Iowa
a good way to clean the inside of the head is with a shot gun cleaning kit the tool it comes with to hold the towel works really good for cups.

make sure the surfaces of both the head and cup are cleaned with some sort of solvent to remove any oil residue and coolant residue

also i would reccomend not starting the truck and filling it with coolant for atleast 24 hrs to make sure that the locktight cured properly. locktight is the only thing that is keeping the cylinder pressure from entering the waterjacket in the motor.

good luck

I thought the o rings kept the pressure in the cylinder and out of the water jackets??

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
no. think of the heads as 3 sections.... on the bottom you have the cylinder pressure then next up you have the water jacket then the rockers. and in the middle of all this you have the cup. the lock tight keeps the cylinder pressure from entering the water jacket and the locktight also keeps the coolant from entering the cylinders. now the o rings keep the oil residue in the valve area from entering the coolant while the orings also keep the coolant from entering the valve area.

i hope this makes sense

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I put loctite around the bottom of the cup where the cup sits in the head and I just use vasoline on the o-rings. Make sure the inside of the head is clean

good luck

X2 and make damn sure they are surgical clean
I prefer to use loctite gel

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
Please dont even mess around with not changing an oring i know under close inspection the edges of my old ones were slightly torn up o rings are cheap i got all my stuff from merchant also be sure to change out all of the copper washers and return line seals

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com
I always replace the O rings. If they were sealing 100% they would have stayed in there :D Actually the injector gets stuck and holds on to the sleeve.... but anyway

Replace the O-rings. Clean thoroughly and put loctite around the O rings and carefully place the sleeve back in. Push on it with your fingers until the first o-ring
"pops" into place in the head. Then lightly tap the sleeve until it is flush with the head. Alignment is crucial for the first o-ring to seat.....

nick1camper

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Iowa
Thanks guys. Yeah, changed the o-rings and locktite on the bottom of the cups also. It's sitting now so by tonight it should be good to run. Man, the passenger side is CAKE compared to the driver side! SHEESH!!

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
i didnt think the drivers side was all that bad after everything is removed and you have another person help lign up all the swivles and extensions to get the back bolts

nick1camper

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Iowa
BAD NEWS..... Got the truck running last night. It smokes like hell and #3 and #6 cylender we think the injector is stuck open! What the hell could have happened we have no idea. THIS SUCKS MAN! Got the injectors from Pensacola. Is it possible they sent me 2 bad ones?? What else could be wrong?

nick1camper

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Iowa
He says he thinks it's injectors hanging open. It spit a bunch of liquid out of the exhaust and he thinks it's diesel fuel, because over the weekend it started to dry up, and he said antifreeze would not dry up. HMMM......