Cummins

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I just picked up a 12 valve 5speed dually for 800. Pulls pretty good around my place. I have to check the killer dowel pin issue. Hopefully she will last take the load off the duramax

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

You scored one for $800 and it runs and drives?? Holy hell batman :eek:
I can't touch one around here for less than 2 grand. And they're giant p.o.s.'s that usually need a transmission or something. I been looking for an old one to use for a beater and keep milage off my 05 but haven't seen a deal like that to jump on.
sent from a galaxy far far away

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Heres my view 7.3s suck need to keep a cam sensor in the glove box to loud slow and just meh, 12vs are nice gutless turds but almost never give you grief other then trans eaters if you have a auto. 24v vp is ok lokg as you do a good aftermarket lift pimp and fuel pressure Guage. 6.2 and 6.5 absolutely pieces of shit. Dmaxs have pros and cons to but largely I love them all. 5.9 common rail now I like them alot as well but trannys again are a issue and melting cylinders. 6.7 cummins great motor other then it pops a headgasket by looking at it wrong worse then 6.0s imo but thats why mine has studs already

anyway rant and sentence run ons done :spit:

Last edited:

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
You scored one for $800 and it runs and drives?? Holy hell batman :eek:
I can't touch one around here for less than 2 grand. And they're giant p.o.s.'s that usually need a transmission or something. I been looking for an old one to use for a beater and keep milage off my 05 but haven't seen a deal like that to jump on.
sent from a galaxy far far away

Yeah it runs and drives its nothing to look at for sure. The seats and carpet are stained, dents and dings. But what I need it for its perfect. I would be hesitant to drive it a couple hundred miles a week but a little tlc she will be 10-8.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
how to sum up a dodge cummins

HOW DOES IF FEEL TO HAVE YOUR GOLD BAR DIPPED IN SHIT:roflmao:

lol i would rock a cummins but im in the same boat they want big money for one thats beat to hell

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Now why cant some forums that are mostly cummins based be this nice. You get a chevy or ford guy on those and holly chit. I agree with some, that i bought the cummins, the dodge came with it. I did drive a 06 dmax for about 2 months, best ridding 1 ton I have ever drove.

it seems most dodge guys feel their trucks are inferior to others because they have always had "good" motors in them. Us GM guys have not had a motor to really put power to till the Duramax came out.

we have something to start contending with them and all of a sudden, pride gets in the way. Maybe because most of us here knew that GM had been the underdog for years and is finally coming up through the ranks, we are a bit more humble about it.

i think of it as a rich kid born into money and never learns to respect it cause hes spoiled. Where the kid next to him worked for all he has, busted his ass and made his millions but has the personality and respect to go with now cause he was once down at the bottom :D

Now them ford guys........ i think they are just bitter over the whole 6.0 thing. since then, its been a hell of a struggle for them :roflmao: