Cummins

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
had it made locally. Fellow i know owns a print shop and makes anything i want, had this idea because from monday to wednesday last week i seen at least 20 cummins shirts(county fair and racetrack) and after hearing a 14 year old ask for a "cummings deesul" shirt at the fair, i said i have got to get me one to but i want one thats a tad different.

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
had it made locally. Fellow i know owns a print shop and makes anything i want, had this idea because from monday to wednesday last week i seen at least 20 cummins shirts(county fair and racetrack) and after hearing a 14 year old ask for a "cummings deesul" shirt at the fair, i said i have got to get me one to but i want one thats a tad different.

Haha I gotcha, I think my friend knows some guys that design different things too. Im getting this made too, and that same friend owns a 99 24v so he will hate the shirt :woott:

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Nothin wrong with rockin the dino... To bad the truck around it is the biggest piece of trash on the road.

I agree, I can't be the only one on here that appreciates the old 12 and 24 valve. Those and the 7.3 were definitely the push gm needed to come up with something better and worth checking off in the option box at the dealership. I know I'd damn sure pick one of them over a 6.2 or 6.5 idi. Never hear of a 6.5 being swapped into anything....
Not trying to start a sh** storm just making an observation.

sent from a galaxy far far away

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
24v vp trucks sucks lift pump and injection pump issues no thanks. Now a p pump 24 valve yeah I would take that still wrapped in a shitty wrapper though.

We had a half dozen 7.3 power strokes and even 7.3 idi and 6.9 idi good old engines pulled a lot of miles with them till the cummins tempted us over and thank god GM made the dmax or we would still be bouncing around in the old pos rattle trap dodges

diesellover

Aug 27, 2013
Now why cant some forums that are mostly cummins based be this nice. You get a chevy or ford guy on those and holly chit. I agree with some, that i bought the cummins, the dodge came with it. I did drive a 06 dmax for about 2 months, best ridding 1 ton I have ever drove.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Now why cant some forums that are mostly cummins based be this nice. You get a chevy or ford guy on those and holly chit. I agree with some, that i bought the cummins, the dodge came with it. I did drive a 06 dmax for about 2 months, best ridding 1 ton I have ever drove.
We are nice here because, by and large, the people on this form are here to learn and advance the sport. We don't write off an engine because we don't personally like that brand. We will mock it a bit, though :hug:

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
I agree, I can't be the only one on here that appreciates the old 12 and 24 valve. Those and the 7.3 were definitely the push gm needed to come up with something better and worth checking off in the option box at the dealership. I know I'd damn sure pick one of them over a 6.2 or 6.5 idi. Never hear of a 6.5 being swapped into anything....
Not trying to start a sh** storm just making an observation.

sent from a galaxy far far away

x2 the 12v and 24v are awesome engines, my friend up in WA has a 1999 f250 with the 7.3 and hes racking up 380k miles with original head gaskets. And then my other buddy has a 1999 24v with the 5 speed and its a great truck. Even though its a dodge, it hasnt broken anything yet

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
I just picked up a 12 valve 5speed dually for 800. Pulls pretty good around my place. I have to check the killer dowel pin issue. Hopefully she will last take the load off the duramax

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4