Cummins Killer

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
The reason I brought this up was I had heard this and that it was on fuel only and thanks to the Cummins nut swingers and shawn baca's (Nos) dyno pull I had to prove that a Duramax can hang and make a shit ton a power too. but as most of us know how hard headed cummins guys are lol. I get sick of hearing dyno racing numbers.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
As badass as that is, I just saw a screen shot over on CompD of Shane Kelloggs "cummins" engine dyno well over 3000fwhp and at RPM over 5500rpm. Insane!!! :eek:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
What craks me up though is the higher the number with some of these guys the less they are able to truely back it up on the track. So as far as I'm concerned the number means nothing if it doesn't get put to use on the track.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Any of those UCC big HP dyno pulls are less than a half second from turbo spool to cutting throttle!!!! Retarded, no way they are loading them enough to get an accurate number!!! Put it on an engine dyno and load it and pull it to it's knees, that's how you see what it's making.

And yes Shane Kellogg is over 3000hp....but I'm betting he runs a 5.1" bottom charger and (2) 4.1" atmospheres... They are pushing tins of air and don't hit full throttle until 100-200 ft sometimes when pulling. The most impressive part is that the engine can stay together pass after pass! I wish the Duramax deck plated engine was proven as reliable as a Haisley Super B! Then it would justify the cost (somewhat, yeah right, what am I saying)!!! Shane probably won more often back when he had twins, if I was a betting man probably in the 4.5" & 5.35" range back then...the mod class doesn't take 3000+ HP. One of the Deeter brother's has triples and 3000+ HP, the other has twins and 2200-2400 HP and won more hooks than his brother last year....

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Kusileks motor made at least 2400 fwhp for over a 1000rpm swing. Impressive numbers for sure, and they are definitely pioneering duramax performance with Wagler but its going to be hard to beat those haisley trucks.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Kyles looked to be a raised deck fancy head beast if I saw it correctly at NFMS this year. Compared to the last few years, he def turned the wick up last year! Compared to the likes of shane & deeter & van & scheid who are over 3000, he's down on power but he's starting to be more competitive bc those guys can't even begin to hook up all that power.

trust me, I'm not meaning to slight wes or kyle, both are at the top of the duramax power game! Very amazed & proud of what they've done!!! :woott: