LMM: CT edge/efi i gotta dodge on my butt

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Guys there are vendors on this site that sell EFI ( not me ) , these vendors pay money to be vendors and fund the sites day to day operations , try to keep non paying vendors to a minumum , we dont want there to not be open discussion between fellow hot rodders, but there has to be a balance .

And to the Original Poster , I personally would hit up "JoshH" he is a fellow Texan and def knows his way around around a transmission and an EFI tune .

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
outside Tyler Tx..have a Ranch about 5 mile outside of Van Tx.. i want to use venders on this site an i will... But I am looking for info as well... meaning;; i will spend some money with our site venders .. but i want to know wha to buy.. and if it 10 less somewere local well ??? i wrote to kat yesterday asking how i could buy a membership or stickers or shirts to help too.. But I also want to support my local people.. i think i get what EFI is its a program i buy an install on my labtop ? right ?

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
Who is JoshH".. were in tx is he? is he a vender on here? .. if so weres a list of our venders ? i want to buy a dang EFI right now were do i go and is it just a program for my labtop? i know these sound like dumb questions ,, but you gotta remember i have zero idea .. but i am leaning i need a lift pump will buy from onsite vender .. and i need tranny built by some guy named JoshH"..? IS THE EFI LIVE a programmer for my puter ?

brunok

jngahsfvjkafui
May 13, 2009
San Angelo/Kerrville, TEXAS
Yeah pretty much the software u need to write ur own tunes then load them to ur truck.

I bought mine from a company that also supplied me with a few tunes to get started, then just played, tweaked, fine tuned to what i think works well for me. But as said before by someone else ive had it about a year and barely scratched the surface of the possibilities. :thumb:

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
what is DSP5 or DSP2 ??? do i need that or does it come with it .. is there a packet lol So it's not like a ct racing edge hand held programmer .. It's software that goes on my puter.. Then i hook up my lab top to my truck ? and set a tune that came with it or one i bought ?...were does the DSP5 or DSP2 come in to play? do they send me a cable that runs from my labtop to my truck..

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Who is JoshH".. were in tx is he? is he a vender on here? .. if so weres a list of our venders ? i want to buy a dang EFI right now were do i go and is it just a program for my labtop? i know these sound like dumb questions ,, but you gotta remember i have zero idea .. but i am leaning i need a lift pump will buy from onsite vender .. and i need tranny built by some guy named JoshH"..? IS THE EFI LIVE a programmer for my puter ?

Josh H is a member on here , he knows more about dmax's than most , has built motors , transmissions , and def knows how to tune an LMM , I would buy EFI live and dsp switch from Guy Trip ( socal diesel ) that will come with a tow tune , and hit Josh h up about some DSP tunes and see if he would be interested in the transmission , he is not a vendor here but he helps enough on this site and is trust worthy enough i dont mind refering you to him .

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
DSP5 is a switch that holds 5 different shift on the fly tune settings. A DSP is the same thing but it only holds 2 tune settings. EFI live uses a laptopp and a handheld tuner. You build or buy the tune you want on your laptop and then you hook the handhaled to it and then hook up to your obd2 on your truck, and load the tune/tunes you want. EFI will come with everything that you need minus the tune (most of the vendors here give you a couple free tunes when you buy EFI from them) and then you buy a dsp switch 50 bucks I think. Just please be sure to buy from one of the vendors here they work hard to keep us all happy and they work hard to keep the inovations coming.

on edit: JoshH is very knowledgeable, never met him personally but he has helped me out in the past quite a bit.

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
If I understand this right you can get the efi AutoCal it's like a hand held programmer but comes with up to 5 tunes Trippin is selling them now.

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
Dodge dude just pick his truck up today he had converter tranny done ect..drived it by my place twice.. I might be taking it in the cooster this weekend ..It's his mouth when he wins, he goes on an on an on.. But with YOU guys helping... Next weekend its his a$$ .. You should know THIS i win or loss 100.00 every time we race.. i win more than i loose with him.. But the TRANNY job he just got yikessss .. i did notice yesterday when i turned the tuner down to 5 it took off 2times as hard yesterday.. i gotta go put that washer looking thing in my return fuel line today to help build some kinda rail pressure? probly wont hurt to take the 22.5 off :-(

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
hey thanks brukok im alittle thrOwed off but its all mashed potaOs lol .. ok im buying the EFI today ...Have no worries .. ill make it RAIN on a few venders $$$$ PROMISE.. i need to get pump VIA- ill getter thru ONSITE VENDER .....But i first am gonna price EFI THRU VENDERS and Around ! ..But when it comes to my tranny TRUSTWORTHNESS is pricless .. ill spend 3,000 to 4,000 on some body i can trust.. you guys are hooking me UP ...are there any cheater moves i can go out side and knock out on my truck like flip air filter upside down anything ? add gas to the fuel tank lol so i can hold Mr dodge off for another week till all my stuff comes in ?

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
O M G ... i just watched a tutorials on the EFI LIVE .. Ill Just say anybody that ownes one is a very very busy person.. Is there a school or a class you take on how to be user friendly with EFI live ? I know me i wont settle for just buying others tunes.. ill want to master this thing.. But wow thats hard core... I hope you guys are talking me into the right thing .. Was anybody else nervous about buying the EFI live ?

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
as long as you buy from a good person they will help you with tuning. i dont do any of my own tuning mostly because i dont have the time to play around with it. EFI Live is the best thing out there for the dmax hands down. but you could get PPE which has the most power in a hand held. you really need to get a trans. then you can start playing with 500hp plus.

jolar

Dec 11, 2008
San Diego
Yes, nervous and I still bought it.
It's the right way to go.
You will spend money twice otherwise.
Hook up with someone who's well versed to get you started is my advice. JoshH in your area.
A class is MUCH needed in my opinion.
I missed the class Pat (McRat) and Guy (Trippin) put on in I believe March 09 and am still kicking myself.
Whoever you buy EFI from will get you started with some tunes but definitely start networking if you want to tune yourself.

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
Im scared to death looking at that thing EFI but its like everything else ..once you force your self to use it then it will get fun lol .. this dodge guy is texting over and over now it getting time to go face the music ;-( ... wish somebody had a few tricks

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Drop your t bars put her in 4 hi power brake tell about 10 psi and let her rip, you should be able to run that dodge tell 1/8 mile or so your tranny will start hurting around there with the big power, ujntil it is built.

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
UPDATE the 4wheel hi trick didnt get me in the in winner circle but.. Saved my rear kept me out of the losser circle.. We ran dead even 8 times,,,neather of us could pull away thats good because.. He just had tranny built 3,500 and 800.00 smarty.. wohoooooooooooooooo..He is pisssed off .. i would be too if i just dumped 4,300 bucks ........... so once i get EFI live and fass pump.. Its gonna be big bad duramax sMoke for his ass :thumb: i thank every body that has gave me advice.. wars not over im gonna video our next run