Crossfit

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
I drank the kool aid about two years ago. I like crossfit and hate most crossfitters.

I went from a 210 lb meathead to the leanest 180LB I have ever been. My gym has a big focus on strength, but each has their own flavor. I like lifting more than hardcore metabolic conditioning, but both are important. I did run a marathon last weekend though.:D

Any specific questions you have about it?

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
IMO Ccrossfit wreaks havoc on your body, damn near every exercise you see them do is riddled with horrible form. You may get more of a core ass kicking each work out but you back and joints are not going to hold up to this fad..

A good meal plan and solid work out routine is all you need to get good results.. Idk how serious you are into lifting or "getting" in shape but I would be more than happy to help...

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
I drank the kool aid about two years ago. I like crossfit and hate most crossfitters.

I went from a 210 lb meathead to the leanest 180LB I have ever been. My gym has a big focus on strength, but each has their own flavor. I like lifting more than hardcore metabolic conditioning, but both are important. I did run a marathon last weekend though.:D

Any specific questions you have about it?

Lol that's awesome and about sums em up

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
I disagree with it! and yes i have tried it and the military is trying to push on it. its all around bad reps not just one but all. Lifting weights should be controlled if you cant control them go lighter. Its about focusing on the muscle your working out not how fast you can do it. as far as how it makes you cut up it can be done without hurting yourself and doing a half ass workout, or rep. If you are going to do it once a week max just so you can get some endurance in your workout. personnel opinion take it for what its worth.:thumb:

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
It's is a good thing occasional like mpsoldier said it's a great cardio work out. However I have a Marine at work now with a fractured spine from cross fit due to the improper form they use. Messed up for life now cause of it

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
IMO Ccrossfit wreaks havoc on your body, damn near every exercise you see them do is riddled with horrible form. You may get more of a core ass kicking each work out but you back and joints are not going to hold up to this fad..

A good meal plan and solid work out routine is all you need to get good results.. Idk how serious you are into lifting or "getting" in shape but I would be more than happy to help...

I don't think crossfit or it's movements hurt people.

Stupid people and an urge to beat the clock and use bad form are what hurt people.

CrossFit has put barbells in the hands of many, and that is great....but not without adequate instruction. Olympic lifts are complex and take time to learn and master.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Just come work on a farm. I'll work your ass off and you would get paid for it.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
I think most of the crossfit hate comes from these guys getting their cross fit level 1 certifications and opening up a gym thinking they know what they are doing leading to injury and lack of focus on form. If you look at the "elite" cross fitters they are in pretty impressive shape and their training is done in a much different way. There has to be a huge focus on perfecting form when you're doing oly lifts, especially for reps/time. If you find a good cross fit gym that focuses on technique and safety while training I think its a great way to get in shape. I did it for a while but due to being busy with school and not wanting to pay a bunch of money I quit going. I did enjoy it though and never felt I was at risk of injury. Definitely a bit of a cult mentality to it though. Thats the one thing I wasn't a fan of.

Lbzmax90

Aug 11, 2012
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I did crossfit for 8 months and it was great! I know a lot of people that talk shit about it and almost all of them have never even tried it! I think it's great I always had motivation to push myself further and I lost a good amount of weight with a horrible diet. Don't over spend if you decide to join there are a some places that over charge so check around

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I have tried it and would continue to do it if my work schedule fit better... I love Oly lifts. It will kick your ass. As mentioned above people that get hurt doing it never took the time to learn the techniques, form, or went to a bad "box"... So look around at who is pushing proper form & technique.

I love to train, I have no illusions that one discipline is better than the other. All of them can add tons of diff. exercises to your routine and keep things from getting boring.

My Ideal gym would allow you to Powerlift, strong man, body build, crossfit, Olympic.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Hate CF, and hate the people who spew its nonsense. Like great, you are the best at doing...exercises? (in general, the stereotype kills it for the overall)

It takes a ton of time to get good form and maintain it, but hey, as long as the silly OLY lifters stay at CF gyms, moar squat rack space for me. :thumb:

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Ole kenny powers. Haha. I work into my routine. I cant stand the cross fit nazis

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk