Cp3 removal

REDHOSS02

hard n heavy
Jan 14, 2009
F U im from TEXAS
I have been trying to find a how to in the diy section on replacing the cp3 to see what all it consits of....and of course no luck. If you have any info on what has to come off or any pictures please post it. Also im trying to find a lbz pump to replace the one im taking off! Mine will be for sale (for a rebuild)...make me an offer!

dieselboy04'

DieselBoy04'
Mar 23, 2008
Virginia
Bolts are behind the coolant y bridge. Y bridge has to come off. Actually a lot of crap has to come off, it's a pain in the a*s. But it can be done. Good luck

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
It is a PITA... alternator bracket, a/c pump bracket, y-bridge, coolant cross over, just to get to 4 god damn bolts. That was the first project I ever attempted by myself and somehow some way it went back together fine except the oring to that black coolant tube under the thermostat housing pinched and leaked coolant so be careful

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
It is a PITA... alternator bracket, a/c pump bracket, y-bridge, coolant cross over, just to get to 4 god damn bolts. That was the first project I ever attempted by myself and somehow some way it went back together fine except the oring to that black coolant tube under the thermostat housing pinched and leaked coolant so be careful

ya i've done that once :rolleyes: an ya not really looking forward to it lol but i think i got me 45% over cp3 for around 800 bucks if i do get out comes the stock cp3

dirttymaxx

Nov 15, 2010
sharpsburg,ky
alternator bracket, a/c pump bracket, y-bridge, coolant cross over none of that has to come off. i just did one on a lly and im pretty sure the lb7 is the same way. you have to take the turbo off and the down pipe and unhook the up pipes from the manfolds slide it back then you can get to the y bridge bolts.

but again thats on a lly,and again im pretty sure the lb7 is the same way.

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
I didnt pull any of that off just the y bridge relief valve etc. You can get to the bolts all you need is a swivel on a couple of them

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
alternator bracket, a/c pump bracket, y-bridge, coolant cross over none of that has to come off. i just did one on a lly and im pretty sure the lb7 is the same way. you have to take the turbo off and the down pipe and unhook the up pipes from the manfolds slide it back then you can get to the y bridge bolts.

but again thats on a lly,and again im pretty sure the lb7 is the same way.

why did you take the turbo off?