Cp3 go boom???

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
ok guys driving home today after my front end work being completed i was starting to smell raw fuel which i was right no codes no nothing smoke pouring out of engine bay limped it home. so i let it cool down bc i couldnt see shit and could find any lines broken or anything. but as soon as i start it up the fuel is pouring and smoking out of the center where cp3 is located. truck runs and drives and no codes as of yet. where should i start in the trouble shooting. leaning towards fpr or cp3 thought?:eek:
truck 2002 lb7 138k twins mcrats tune the works expect motor build

mainer

Nov 11, 2008
i've seen one cp3 self destruct w/ the freeze plugs coming out of it along with a bunch of metal shavings. but it was high mileage 200k+

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
just took it apart to see if i can see where its leaking from doesnt make sense it to be cp3 doesnt loose prime and still starts right up but of course i start it and at idle see nothing so waiting for a friend to get here to press go pedal to see anything.

Righteyeblind

Aug 29, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
I had one blow up. There are little freeze plugs that blow out and you can't see it from the top. Stick a magnet underneath it and if you pull metal out of the valley then thats probably your issue. Mine started and ran just not real fast.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Mine took a dump yesterday but it caused the motor to completely shut off while driving down the road. Now, the crank won't turn over....Fuel pours out the bottom of the cp3 with the ignition on and airdog running.

isnt that the second time now that something has goin wrong with your?